Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

USB2 issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USB2 issue

I've got a 2012 Platinum Ecoboost with SYNC and NAV. I added the USB2 cable and ran it to the glove box for connecting an iPod classic.

I'm having issues with it and I wanted to see if others are seeing this behavior. As stated, I connect an iPod classic to the USB2 in the glove box and it stays connected all the time. I also connect an iPhone 4s to USB1 quite a bit. The behavior I am experience is the first device that connects works fine, the 2nd one never initializes. So, if the truck is already running when I connect the iPhone, because the iPod is already connected, the USB1 connected iPhone will never connect. If both are connected when I start the truck, it's a crap shoot as to which one connects first, but whichever one does, the other one will never initialize. I can never get both of them to work via USB at the same. I have the latest versions of software on everything.

Is anyone else seeing this or have suggestions for a fix?
Old 03-05-2013, 09:37 AM

Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts

Logon to SyncMyRide. Go to the Updates section. Scroll to the bottom to find an update for iTunes (description will state something about not being able to index your music from the iPod). Apply the update to your Sync and it *should* resolve the issue.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:49 AM

Received 251 Likes on 137 Posts

Why not avoid the issue by connecting the iPhone via Bluetooth.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:01 AM

Sharper,

Thx for the suggestion. I'll give it a try and report back.

Surgeon,

That's exactly what I do but you can't do SYNC apps via bluetooth, only USB...
Old 03-05-2013, 05:40 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I have found out that when you leave any device left plugged, the APID doesn't get the power it needs to fully boot. When this happens SYNC delays or doesn't boot at all because of the extra draw of power to start up the plugged in device. I also had the USB2 mod with a simple flash drive plugged in and I needed to pull the fuse and put it back in to reboot the system. I know these aren't the exact same problems, but I read you leave you ipod plugged in just like my flash drive and this could be the root of both problems.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:02 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Do not have MFT in my truck. My experience is USB1 and USB2 CANNOT or will not work at the same time. I am able to switch by saying usb1 OR usb2.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:32 AM

Quick update. The SYNCmyride updates are actually aimed at going thru your iTunes library and fixing issues that would cause the indexing to fail. I don't have that problem. Whichever device is second to connect will not "initialize" so that it can used. Each device by themselves initialize and index just fine.

Also, I'm not trying USE these devices at the same time. Just want them to CONNECT at the same time so that when I choose USB1 or USB2, the device is ready and working when I switch...

Quick Reply: USB2 issue