Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unsure now about F150

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 12:32 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Unsure now about F150

I have had F150's for several years now. I drove Chevys for many years but got tired of the many problems I had with them. I have been happy with my last 2 trucks which have been F150 Screw's in Lariat Trim. But after reding this forum for several months am not so sure F150"s are so great. There are so many problems you guys are having. Everytime i drive my truck now I am waiting for some of the many problems I read about to pop up.I know this is a Forum and is where people discuss issues but seems like their are more complaints than compliments. I am really gunshy now. Been seeing a lot of commercials about Tundras I think I am going to try one of them. Have had a couple Tacomas and never had any problems with them. May come back to Ford one day but right now you guys have got me where I am scared to drive one.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:34 PM
FN SWT

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kgpat
I have had F150's for several years now. I drove Chevys for many years but got tired of the many problems I had with them. I have been happy with my last 2 trucks which have been F150 Screw's in Lariat Trim. But after reding this forum for several months am not so sure F150"s are so great. There are so many problems you guys are having. Everytime i drive my truck now I am waiting for some of the many problems I read about to pop up.I know this is a Forum and is where people discuss issues but seems like their are more complaints than compliments. I am really gunshy now. Been seeing a lot of commercials about Tundras I think I am going to try one of them. Have had a couple Tacomas and never had any problems with them. May come back to Ford one day but right now you guys have got me where I am scared to drive one.

Whatever...no issues here. Have fun in your toyota. GOOD-BYE!
The following users liked this post:
03_WHT_SCAB_4x4 (10-20-2014)
Old 12-02-2011, 12:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every automobile company has their share of problems-like Ford with the leaky third brake light, dodge and their transmissions, toyota and their rusting..I have no complaints about my f150 though and its a year old, some people may have just gotten unlucky, just because they had problems with their car/truck doesn't mean you will.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have 180,000 km on my truck.. not 1 problem. its a forum where people write about problems, you may hear about problems but you dont hear about the THOUSANDS of f150s that run and run and run without any problems. good like with your toyota. i would never consider buying one of those.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:43 PM
z06

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kgpat

Have ya spent any time on the Tundra forum yet? Or buying one first, then look for problems?
Old 12-02-2011, 12:43 PM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Owned 3 Tundras. 03-07-08 all were great trucks. Not 1 issue w/any of them. Thought I would give Ford a try. So far happy. Only concern is my 11 seems to be using a little oil. Hope the gets better as it breaks in. Only 1100 miles so far
Old 12-02-2011, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When people get a truck that doesn't have problems, they don't bother searching out forums to tell people "Hey my truck has no problems".

It's only when there is a problem, then they go searching to see if anyone else has it, or how someone else fixed it.

About the only "problem" I see on here a lot is low MPG for the ecoboost. And that is so subjective that it's hard to tell if it is truely a problem or just driving habits.

Bean
Old 12-02-2011, 12:47 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I love my 2011 Lariat. No problems. The 5.0 is a great running engine. Even my wife likes riding in it - rides like the family Caravan. If something happened to it I would buy another tomorrow. I turned my 1994 F150 over to my 16 year old to drive - It has never had any major issues.

This forum is like most of the others, the critics complain the loudest while the majority of the owners just drive, mod and enjoy their nice trucks. The other forums include several Mustang ones and even a Corvette forum where the 70's Corvette are talked about. Imagine folks complaining about a 40 year old car. In looking at the Toyota forums I bet you will find a high percentage of complainers there too.

Test drive both for a weekend and buy the one y'all like the best.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Limp Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Keep in mind that this board represents a very small portion of total F150 owners. In addition, folks are much more prone to post a "My frazinator shat broke in half today!" than they are to post "My F150, twin-turbo, 4 wheel drive, Screw with the Rambo Package was bitchin' today."
Old 12-02-2011, 12:50 PM

Received 100 Likes on 66 Posts

Man I think you forgot to keep in mind how many f150s are out there so their are bound to be a small problem here and their I love my f150 with a passion wouldn't drive anythin else other then an f250 for the world I have no problems with my 2010 f150 lariat 5.4l 4wd Supercrew and I use it as my daily driver it's the most comfortable car I've ever driven hands down and I give it complete hell in mud holes on the weekends and on the trails I have had nothing break or even mess up. soon to lift mine 6" and throw on 35s then a CAI cat back exhaust and programmer. I dont have anything against yotas though I'm just spoiled by my ford now. Before I got my f150 I almost got a tundra instead only reason I didn't wasn't the uncredibly poor mileage on the 2010 tundras It stickered 9 city haha and also bc my buddy just Rollin down the trail in his tundra striped all the gears in his transfer case somehow in his tundra and I was hopin the f150 would maybe hold together better. I hope all this helps ya decide man either way you should be happy

Quick Reply: Unsure now about F150