Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Undercoat

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 08:30 PM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Undercoat

Hey guys,
New here and have already learned a lot. I just got my 2013 STX supercab 4x4 this past Saturday, I have a lot of questions but will start with this one.

What do you guys think about undercoating the truck? I live in northeast ohio and plan to keep this thing until the wheels fall off.

Any thoughts.

Thanks

Danny
Old 03-12-2013, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm new here as well, and also live in N.E. Ohio.

I undercoat my truck yearly with Fluid film, it stays on the metal very well through winter.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:51 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

At least you didn't get hooked into dealing with the guy in the finance cubby hole packaging undercoating with other stuff.

I am not sure these new designs with the boxed frame will respond well to the traditional undercoating. For all the money the ford dealer charged they didn't even take the spare tire out. It will surely help with the sheet metal near the rear. The spring hangers are welded on now instead of replaceable those can get weak. At least on the two wheel drive my last one was really beyond safe at the upper control arm where the main pivoting grommets go. This new one seems raw material and certainly not any more robust.

Quick Reply: Undercoat