Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSB???

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 11:16 AM

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
Default TSB???

So my EB has that crazy symptom where when its raining, it doesnt like to accelerate. TSB 12-6-4 seems to address the issue. Called my dealer, and the service dept advised that unless there are codes in the trucks computer, they cant perform the TSB. Does that sound right to anyone?
Old 10-01-2012, 01:20 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bell4fan
So my EB has that crazy symptom where when its raining, it doesnt like to accelerate. TSB 12-6-4 seems to address the issue. Called my dealer, and the service dept advised that unless there are codes in the trucks computer, they cant perform the TSB. Does that sound right to anyone?
Have you ever taken it into the dealership following one of the "it doesn't like to accelerate" events? If your problem stems from condensation in the charge air cooler, it will present itself as a misfire on the bank 2 cylinders. The ECU temporarily stores misfire count information. Your dealership should be able to diagnose the problem and make a determination if they think condensation in the CAC is the likely cause. Once this has been done they shouldn't have any problems performing the TSB.

If you don't have a documented history of an issue and your truck is not currently exhibiting any symptoms, then yes, Ford will likely not perform the TSB under warranty.
The following users liked this post:
bell4fan (10-01-2012)
Old 10-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Retired and loving it!

Received 536 Likes on 398 Posts

My dealer did the recall on my new truck before I took delivery.....so your dealer telling you " no codes, no fix" does not sound right to me.....
Old 10-01-2012, 03:28 PM

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

It just happened Saturday. For the first time ever, the engine light started flashing, but stopped after engine restart.

Sterlingone--Have you had the problem happen on your new truck? Can you tell the diffrence in the look if the intercooler?
Old 10-01-2012, 04:14 PM

Received 133 Likes on 103 Posts

Drive to the dealer, walk in and tell them it's not working right. Have them either refund you your $4x,xxx or fix the issue, and until then you're not leaving. They will fix it then.
bell4fan (10-01-2012)
Old 10-01-2012, 05:23 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bell4fan
It just happened Saturday. For the first time ever, the engine light started flashing, but stopped after engine restart.
If it just happened Saturday, take your truck to the dealership as soon as possible. Don't take it to have the TSB done, but take it so they can diagnose your problem. Fortunately (or unfortunately) Ford is very familiar with the CAC condensation problem and should be able to recognize it.

If you did experience misfires due to moisture in the CAC the TSB will not fix the issue. At best it may reduce the likely hood of it happening again, and will help limit damage to other components. But unfortunately the TSB does not eliminate the issue entirely. Ford claims to be working on a fix that should become available in the next few months. If you are able to get your local dealership to diagnose the problem now, it will be easier to obtain said fix later.
bell4fan (10-01-2012)

Quick Reply: TSB???