Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck did the dreded "misfire"

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 09:26 PM
MXD

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Truck did the dreded "misfire"

2012 Platinum SCREW EB 4k miles

Drove about 90 minutes down the interstate in a rain storm at steady throttle. I dropped a coworker off at his hotel and when I pulled out of the parking lot I got on it a little bit. The rpm's climed to about 3800 then the truck went flat and began to mis real bad. The cel started blinking then within a minute or so, it was all back to normal. I brought it to my local dealer and they were real cool about it. They had never heard of this issue but based on my findings here they said "we have definitely not heard of such a problem before but we'll call ford engineering". When I picked it up they said that ford engineering said they are aware of the problem and told them to perform tsb 12-02-10. The main reason was to better track the cel codes.

Here is my problem, I was getting a steady 20mpg prior to this incident. Now, I am much below that. Is the reason due to the misfire or the update? Should I expect it to come back around?
Old 05-04-2012, 01:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the f150 ecoboost forum. There's a guy who had similiar problems and ford said to change air filter every three thousand miles and also said that ford is aware of a air box problemw
Old 05-04-2012, 01:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the f150 ecoboost forum. There's a guy who had similiar problems and ford said to change air filter every three thousand miles and also said that ford is aware of a air box problem. next time it happens check your air filter because it might be dirty and wet.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My truck did it 4 times before 3000 miles. Just got truck back from dealer after 36 days of sitting on lot. They removed the intercooler and dumped out the stuff they found in it (mix of water and oil). They gave the truck back and said should be ok for a while????
Old 05-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Opinionated Blowhard

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by meterman
My truck did it 4 times before 3000 miles. Just got truck back from dealer after 36 days of sitting on lot. They removed the intercooler and dumped out the stuff they found in it (mix of water and oil). They gave the truck back and said should be ok for a while????
Oil and Water! WTF? I have had this happen and just chalked it up to humidity/dew point and compression leading to water accumulation in the inter cooler. Did they say where the oil was coming from (not an oiled filter by chance?)? I have not had the problem since the first incident. Other than needing the last TSB 2/12 it has been running fine with 18mpg in local driving.

Quick Reply: Truck did the dreded "misfire"