Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trim dressing?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 09:33 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Trim dressing?????

Ok so I've tried different trim dressings none seem to last or be very effective....so my question is what is the best trim dressing for around the windows as well as the plastic on the top of the bed that will last awhile and won't make any of it fade over time
Old 04-21-2012, 09:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use wax as you dry by eagle one works great for all plastics been using it for years never any problems but I use it every time I wash any car Don't use armor all will fade your plastic or tire dressing
Old 04-21-2012, 09:51 AM
swazispencer

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Areal1825
I use wax as you dry by eagle one works great for all plastics been using it for years never any problems but I use it every time I wash any car Don't use armor all will fade your plastic or tire dressing
I agree. Armor all is a scam... That sh*t will make your car age so fast its ridiculous.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:51 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I use Turtle Wax Liquid Ice and works great! It is a liquid polish that works on any surface. I use it on trim, mudflaps, roof racks, etc. Another great product is Mothers Back to Black but is a little more tricky to use.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:58 AM
swazispencer

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

In my experience as a professional detailer for a couple years, I wouldnt recommend turtle wax either. The only 2 " Walmart" brands I would trust are Mothers or Meguiar's.

I'd suggest finding a nearby auto detailing store and seeing what they have. You'd be surprised by what they have to offer.

Last edited by swazispencer; 04-21-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mothers back to black works awesome
Old 04-21-2012, 10:37 PM

Great thanks guys, the trim is the one area I lack in when detailing my truck seeing that I won't take it anywhere to get it done or go through a carwash I have tried allot of things and I've found i'm not very good at picking trim dressing so this helps....
Old 04-21-2012, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Collonite...............works great

Old 04-21-2012, 10:55 PM

A use a few of the products from Stoner
Old 04-21-2012, 11:48 PM

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Default I have been using Eagle One Wax as U Dry and ....

Originally Posted by Areal1825
I have to admit that Eagle One Wax as U Dry is amazing but I may have found a little incongruity in their description of the product which concerns me. Look at the bottom of the back label and the ingredients are listed as: water, petroleum distillates and silicones, with the CAS numbers in case you would like to look it up.

Yet at the top of the back label (and their website) is the statement "this exclusive carnauba formula reacts with water to quickly penetrate surface leaving wax protection without haze, residue & discoloring of trim". Last time I checked carnauba wax was a plant derived product, which silicon clearly is not.

The product works great and beads water really, really good but the idea of a silicon based wax makes me wonder. Not starting a war etc., just trying to learn something here. What do the members here think of this (or any) silicon wax product? I love this stuff because it makes waxing these monsters so easy!

Fire away...

Quick Reply: Trim dressing?????