Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission jerking

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission jerking

I have a 2012 F150 w/ 10,800 miles. I bought this truck new. During the unusually cold winter this year my truck started Jerking/ bouncing when taking off from a stop. It doesn't happen every time but is increasing in frequency and severity to the point that I get a clunk from the rear end when it happens. I had it in the dealership last week and they installed some sort of pump for the trans. and mentioned clutches and the torque converter. It was under a service bulletin that this was done. Unfortunately it didn't work. Is anyone familiar with this problem and a solution?
Old 04-23-2014, 07:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you check the fluid level?
The following users liked this post:
rcmeke (04-25-2014)
Old 04-23-2014, 08:03 PM
Brodozin' through life

Received 1,345 Likes on 840 Posts

My 11 does the same thing all the time. And a hard 1st to 2nd shift.
The following users liked this post:
rcmeke (04-25-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 02:59 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by rcmeke
...I had it in the dealership last week and they installed some sort of pump for the trans. and mentioned clutches and the torque converter. It was under a service bulletin that this was done. Unfortunately it didn't work...
I want to bring this to the attention of your regional customer service manager so they can assist, rcmeke. To make that happen, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll get this into their hands.

Originally Posted by AricsFX
My 11 does the same thing all the time. And a hard 1st to 2nd shift.
Have you been to your dealership for diagnosis, AricsFX? If you need help following your visit, reach out to me with your info and I'll check out options. In your PM, be sure to list all the info above (full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership) and I'll get to work.

Crystal
Old 04-24-2014, 04:31 PM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Transmission pump

Yeah found hot mine has to have the front pump replaced due to occasional slipping when placing into reverse after sitting for awhile. Doesn't do it often but at least the dealership was good about it. I told them what it was doing and they said they were ordering parts
Old 04-24-2014, 06:06 PM
F150 Forum

Received 350 Likes on 285 Posts

mine does this occasionally as well.. maybe I should schedule a date with the dealer. I haven't done it because of how modified the truck is, I didn't want to get any crap about the wheels and such
Old 04-25-2014, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission jerking

I have talked to the service manager and have a case number with Ford. I will be visiting with the service manager for a test ride on Wed.Apr. 30. Thanks for your help.
Originally Posted by FordService
I want to bring this to the attention of your regional customer service manager so they can assist, rcmeke. To make that happen, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll get this into their hands.

Have you been to your dealership for diagnosis, AricsFX? If you need help following your visit, reach out to me with your info and I'll check out options. In your PM, be sure to list all the info above (full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership) and I'll get to work.

Crystal

Quick Reply: Transmission jerking