Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission issues on 2010 4.6L 3v

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 02:13 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Transmission issues on 2010 4.6L 3v

I have a 2010 Scab with the 4.6L 3v with the 6 speed and this afternoon I went to lunch as I was walking back to the truck I happened to look under the truck and I saw a small puddle. I backed the truck up and checked the puddle and it just so happened to be tranny fluid. The fluid looked horrible. It was a dark brown and smelled burned. I freaked out and climbed underneath the truck to check it out. The tranny is leaking out of the back where it meets the tcase. The leak isn't that big of a deal but I'm fearing that there is an internal issue since the fluid was dark brown and smelt burnt. The truck has also been acting up for a few weeks. When you are cruising at a low speed for extended periods of time every so often the truck will sound like there's gears grinding. Going up steep hills it'll kick into gears real hard and it will pop when shifting from park to drive or park to reverse. And it has also developed the infamous 2-1 bump and a slight shudder. This is the last thing I expected from a truck with only 54k miles. I don't tow or haul heavy stuff with it so I'm stumped. I do have the 100k mile powertrain warranty and I have scheduled an appointment for Thursday.

I was going to ask if any of you guys had any ideas what might be going wrong? I don't want to seem like an idiot when I walk into the service department. Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Transmission issues on 2010 4.6L 3v