Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Fluid Leak (TSB 12-11-14/11-8-4)

Old 06-09-2015, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Fluid Leak (TSB 12-11-14/11-8-4)

Has anyone here had the repairs performed for TSB 12-11-14 or TSB 11-8-4? I am looking for anyone else's experience as I recently encountered transmission fluid leaking from the bell housing after returning from a weekend camping trip towing my travel trailer. I found transmission fluid coating the bottom of the transmission, and fluid dripping out of the bell housing. My transmission never overheated or performed any differently on the trip. After doing the research I found out about these TSB's and sure enough my truck was manufactured on 15 May 2011. When I took it to the dealership it was diagnosed as TSB 12-11-14 (the follow-on to TSB 11-8-4) and it was quoted at $3250 to repair as I am over the factory mileage warranty. I just find it a hard to pill to swallow that after taking my truck to the dealership for each service, that this problem was never corrected while my truck was under warranty, and that when such a specific group of vehicles were obviously identified as being improperly built that Ford refuses to correct the problem. When I called Ford Customer Service they told me to shove it more or less and they claimed that there was no way my truck was affected by this TSB, and that there was nothing they could do, and proceeded to say they would call me back, and never did. I have been a Ford truck guy for a long time, but this makes me question my loyalty. Ford should have taken care of this issue for everyone affected, as clearly they know trucks built within a two month window have these faulty parts. I am livid right now that Ford would put owners out like that.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:47 PM

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

My 2011 was built very close to yours, but this issue cropped up within 6 months of ownership. The tech was looking around for engine issues related to the CAC, and noticed the leak at the same time.

I remember at the time, the dealership was quite familiar with this TSB, and they started looking for the leak because of how common it was on those 2011s. I wouldn't be very happy if I were in your shoes when this issue was widely noticed, and they had a fix for it. Just because you didn't notice the issue before, doesn't mean the truck wasn't built with the defective components.
The following users liked this post:
Kent_Windsor (06-09-2015)
Old 06-09-2015, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HunterSmitty
My 2011 was built very close to yours, but this issue cropped up within 6 months of ownership. The tech was looking around for engine issues related to the CAC, and noticed the leak at the same time.

I remember at the time, the dealership was quite familiar with this TSB, and they started looking for the leak because of how common it was on those 2011s. I wouldn't be very happy if I were in your shoes when this issue was widely noticed, and they had a fix for it. Just because you didn't notice the issue before, doesn't mean the truck wasn't built with the defective components.

Yeah man, the part that is most frustrating is being told that is the issue causing the leak, and trucks affected by it were identified years ago, but because the leak didn't happen earlier, and Ford didn't recall it, I am out $3200. My truck doesn't even have 100,000 miles on it. I just don't understand how Ford can tell me it was built with defective parts and not take responsibility for it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Transmission Fluid Leak (TSB 12-11-14/11-8-4)