Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailer Wiring Harness problems?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 11:49 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Trailer Wiring Harness problems?

So, bought a little utility trailer to haul my 4 wheeler around on. Replaced all the wiring as it looked like crap, taillights were cracked, etc.... Needless to say, hooked it all up and connected the pre-wired 4 prong harness in.

Turn signals-good, brake lights-good, 4 way flashers-good, problem is, no steady burn tailights? So, got to checkin connections assuming there is no way it was the trucks harness. Finally, after confirming a good ground, wiring all connected, I decided to trouble shoot at the truck.

I connected my tester light to the ground on the harness to test it as well, turned on the 4 ways to confirm blinkers and they were fine. Low and behold, there was no steady burn on the prong next to the ground? Anyone else have this happen?

Been waiting to get my truck in, as apparently the POS dealership (where I will never buy from again) is to busy to fit a customer in that just bought a 40k truck. Will be Dec. 1st before they can find time to fit me in!! Needless to say, I would be furious if I bought a brand new truck to use for hauling stuff all the time, just to find out my wiring harness was faulty and some jackass can't get me in for 3+ weeks!!

Quick Reply: Trailer Wiring Harness problems?