Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traded my '11 Lariat for a '13 Platinum

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Alaskan by Choice

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Traded my '11 Lariat for a '13 Platinum

Well, after waiting a month for the truck to come in, on friday I traded my 2011 Lariat with the Lariat Plus and Chrome package for a 2013 Platinum. Stayed with the same Cab/bed style and same powerplant (ecoboost), both have Max Tow package.

Initial Impressions:
1. The platinum is soooo much quiter in the cab. I also noticed better insulation in the engine bay and insulation where the fenders attach to the body by the door (the lariat didn't have that). I'm really impressed with the lack of exterior noise coming in. I can't even hear my injectors tapping.

2. The interior is nicer. the leather/pleather on the center console is smooth and feels better than the textured that was on the lariat, also the lightly padded leather on the door panel armrests is so much nicer than the plastic on the leather. I am also a fan of the brushed aluminum trim panels, but that's just me.

3. Wahooo! no more pirelli tires!!! Bridgestone Duelers from the factory. the perillis (for me) were so bad that they would slip on dry pavement if there was ice/frost across town.

4. Exterior is essentially the same. HID headlights will be nice I think (i'll let you know when it gets dark at a reasonable hour) in two months. the tailgate step is much improved. it looks stouter?, has a spring to keep it from rattling i guess.

Overall, I'm pleased....extremely pleased. Best part is my payments went down. I joined the Mustang Club of America so that i would be eligible for the X-Plan and was able to use $3250 of incentives (could have had another 1K but couldn't get the best APR through FOMOCO Finance). ended up with 3.5% through local Crdeit Union.

Now i have to get some rear inner fender liners, i hated that on my '11 and it isn't any better on the '13.

Last edited by waterboyjlw; 07-22-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:22 PM

Received 156 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by waterboyjlw
Well, after waiting a month for the truck to come in, on friday I traded my 2011 Lariat with the Lariat Plus and Chrome package for a 2013 Plainum. Stayed with the same Cab/bed style and same powerplant (ecoboost), both have Max Tow package.

Inial Impressions:
1. the platinum is soooo much quiter in the cab. I also noticed better insulation in the engine bay and insulation where the fenders attach to the body by the door (the lariat didn't have that). I'm really impressed with the lack of exterior noise coming in. I can't even hear my injectors tapping.

2. the interior is nicer. the leather/pleather on the center console is smoth and feels better than the textured that was on the lariat, also the lightly padded leather on the door panel armrests is so much nicer than the plastic on the leather. I am also a fan of the brushed aluminum trim panels, but that's just me.

3. Wahooo! no more pirelli tires!!! Bridgestone Duelers from the factory. the perillis (for me) were so bad that they would slip on dry pavement if there was ice/frost across town.

4. Exterior is essentially the same. HID headlights will be nice I think (i'll let you know when it gets dark (at a reasonable hour) in two months. the tailgate step is much improved. it looks stouter?, has a spring to keep it from rattling i guess.

Overall, I'm pleased....extremely pleased. Best part is my payments went down. I joined the Mustang Club of America so that i would be eligible for the X-Plan and was able to use $3250 of incentices (could have had another 1K but couldn't get the best APR through FOMOCO Finance). ended up with 3.5% through local Crdeit Union.

Now i have to get some rear inner fender liners, i hated that on my '11 and it isn't any better on the '13.
Nice work. The liners make the rear look so much better
Old 07-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

Congratulations. I luv my Platinum. And yes, get some wheel well liners. They do help the looks, and keep crap from being thrown up into the fenders. Enjoy.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:35 PM

Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts

Congratulations. The pictures are awesome.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:23 PM
Alaskan by Choice

Originally Posted by sharper4
Congratulations. The pictures are awesome.
Yeah, I know....Pictures to follow. where I work here in alaska, does not have cell service. i'll get some tonight and post them tomorrow. Got mine in ingot silver. Already installed front mud flaps and window vent visors, would have got the rear ones on but I had a new batch of beer to keg and sample...
Old 07-22-2013, 07:42 PM

Received 86 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by waterboyjlw
Well, after waiting a month for the truck to come in, on friday I traded my 2011 Lariat with the Lariat Plus and Chrome package for a 2013 Platinum. Stayed with the same Cab/bed style and same powerplant (ecoboost), both have Max Tow package.

Initial Impressions:
1. The platinum is soooo much quiter in the cab. I also noticed better insulation in the engine bay and insulation where the fenders attach to the body by the door (the lariat didn't have that). I'm really impressed with the lack of exterior noise coming in. I can't even hear my injectors tapping.

2. The interior is nicer. the leather/pleather on the center console is smooth and feels better than the textured that was on the lariat, also the lightly padded leather on the door panel armrests is so much nicer than the plastic on the leather. I am also a fan of the brushed aluminum trim panels, but that's just me.

4. Exterior is essentially the same. HID headlights will be nice I think (i'll let you know when it gets dark at a reasonable hour) in two months. the tailgate step is much improved. it looks stouter?, has a spring to keep it from rattling i guess.

Overall, I'm pleased....extremely pleased. Best part is my payments went down. I joined the Mustang Club of America so that i would be eligible for the X-Plan and was able to use $3250 of incentives (could have had another 1K but couldn't get the best APR through FOMOCO Finance). ended up with 3.5% through local Crdeit Union.

You should have financed with Ford to get the extra 1k and then refinance with your credit union. That is what I did on my 2013 Lariat.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:07 AM
Alaskan by Choice

Originally Posted by rrp0968
You should have financed with Ford to get the extra 1k and then refinance with your credit union. That is what I did on my 2013 Lariat.
Agreed, I got caught up in the moment and then realized that after i got home
Old 07-29-2013, 07:23 PM
Alaskan by Choice

Finally a properly sized pic of the new truck.
Attached Thumbnails Traded my '11 Lariat for a '13 Platinum-small-side-view-truck.jpg  
Old 07-29-2013, 07:39 PM
2011 F150 XLT super crew

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Cool rig.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:45 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice pic, welcome to the Platinum club.

Quick Reply: Traded my '11 Lariat for a '13 Platinum