Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tow mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tow mirrors

Ok I have a 2013 f150 fx4 with the non tow mirrors. I have power folding,memory,heated,turn light,and puddle lights. I am going to be buying a boat and need some tow mirrors, would these be a plug and play. Or do I have to run any extra wires. http://www.1aauto.com/2007-14-ford-f...r/i/1amrp01415
Old 08-19-2015, 02:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You will be fine. I just grabbed up a pair of max tow mirrors for my lariat and they work perfectly only thing I need is the telescoping switch for that to work.

Yours too will hook up directly and the 'marker' lights will act as the puddle lights. So you'll have your markers only work when the door opens.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:26 PM
wait. what?

Received 271 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgiaMike
You will be fine. I just grabbed up a pair of max tow mirrors for my lariat and they work perfectly only thing I need is the telescoping switch for that to work.

Yours too will hook up directly and the 'marker' lights will act as the puddle lights. So you'll have your markers only work when the door opens.
I'm assuming you mean you went with OEM Ford powerscope mirrors? if so then yes you need to add the switch for telescoping but the mirrors OP posted a link to do not have the power telescope feature, only power fold. and since they are designed to work on trucks that came originally with the smaller power fold mirrors, I believe the marker lights on them should actually function as a running light and a turn signal like they do on my truck with OEM power scope mirrors.

1A does post on this forum, so hopefully they will chime in and clarify.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidKR
I'm assuming you mean you went with OEM Ford powerscope mirrors? if so then yes you need to add the switch for telescoping but the mirrors OP posted a link to do not have the power telescope feature, only power fold. and since they are designed to work on trucks that came originally with the smaller power fold mirrors, I believe the marker lights on them should actually function as a running light and a turn signal like they do on my truck with OEM power scope mirrors.

1A does post on this forum, so hopefully they will chime in and clarify.
I wasn't expecting them to work as running lights as I can from the same mirror as OP. Only differnce is he is going for the manual telescope, so he will still have power fold and turn signal work like normal, however from my experience the running light acts the same as the puddle light on our smaller mirrors which is on when the door opens an fads as the door closes. It's a bit up setting and it may be different as he will be going with different mirrors, but I wouldn't be surprised if it acts like mine. Would prefer the marker lights though.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well sounds good yeah I don't care about the telescoping part that u usually set it and forget it thanks all
Old 09-26-2015, 10:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GeorgiaMike

GeorgiaMike,

What year truck is yours and what OEM part number(s) did you end up going with? Price?

I have a 2014 FX4 ecoboost with OEM mirrors that power fold. I'm looking to add towing mirrors that retain all current functionality, don't care about power telescoping.

I'm trying to figure out what, if any, OEM options are simply plug n play?

Thanks
Old 09-26-2015, 11:00 AM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Id go oem if you get the tow mirrors. As some have had to rewire the aftermarket tow mirrors to get them to function as they should.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:00 PM
JJM

Received 180 Likes on 136 Posts

Bought my tow mirrors on 1a auto and they were simple plug and play. Power fold, too.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Guess2013
Ok I have a 2013 f150 fx4 with the non tow mirrors. I have power folding,memory,heated,turn light,and puddle lights. I am going to be buying a boat and need some tow mirrors, would these be a plug and play. Or do I have to run any extra wires. http://www.1aauto.com/2007-14-ford-f...r/i/1amrp01415

These aren't OEM but look & perform the same for less than half the price

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/S3M...-Textured.html
Old 09-26-2015, 10:29 PM
WindowGuy

Received 153 Likes on 135 Posts

I just bought tow mirrors. I got them from Tasca. They're OEM. If you go to their website and search for tow mirros for your year and model, several options will come up. I don't know the number for what you want, but its easy to find the right ones, each part number lists the options for that mirror.

Quick Reply: Tow mirrors