Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire rub. Need to get to the bottom of this

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 02:39 PM

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
Default Tire rub. Need to get to the bottom of this

Alright, late in the summer I got a Truxx level and 35 Trails on my 2010 4x4 SCrew. Ever since there has been the expected rubbing when turning/breaking/hitting a bump. However today I noticed that it is staring to wear down the outer rim of my tires. I've tried to determine exactly where it's rubbing so that I can trim to avoid further damage to my tires but I can't see any distinguishing marks on the fender. Can anyone help me pinpoint my problem? I've searched all over with no success. Any advice/info is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 11-02-2011, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up

Mine were rubbing on the front valance under the bumper when turning, the dealer i went to trimmed that before they gave me back my truck but it also was rubbing on the bottom back part of the front fenders where the mud flaps would go but only when turning left and hitting a dip at the same time (Left front wheel when turning left and right front wheel when turning right). They don't rub anymore because of wearing down a bit

Hope this helps, my tires are trail grapplers size 34.24 inches(295/70R18)
Old 11-02-2011, 03:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by larwood91
Alright, late in the summer I got a Truxx level and 35 Trails on my 2010 4x4 SCrew. Ever since there has been the expected rubbing when turning/breaking/hitting a bump. However today I noticed that it is staring to wear down the outer rim of my tires. I've tried to determine exactly where it's rubbing so that I can trim to avoid further damage to my tires but I can't see any distinguishing marks on the fender. Can anyone help me pinpoint my problem? I've searched all over with no success. Any advice/info is appreciated.

Thanks
Shouldn't be rubbing that much with 35s unless you're using the wrong wheels and backspacing. Sure you're not scraping curbs?

Coat the tire's shoulder with colored chalk powder and go for a spin.

Hose it off afterwards if you want.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:33 PM

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, I'm using the OEM chrome wheels. I always make it a point to avoid curbs, obviously we all check a curb now and then but the wear is pretty even all the way around and only on the front tires. Even if it is just curb wear, I'd still like to get rid of the rub. Good idea on the chalk, I'll give it a try next time I have a chance to run to the store.

Oh, and mine are the aforementioned tires. Not exactly 35's. 295/70/R18

Last edited by larwood91; 11-02-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Tire rub. Need to get to the bottom of this