Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire pressure reading?

Old 08-20-2013, 02:52 PM

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts

Default Tire pressure reading?

I'd swear, when I got my truck new (end of 2011), that I could read the tire pressure from the information screen. For the life of me, I can't seem to find it again. Anybody know if it got deleted in an update, or is it tucked somewhere and I'm not finding it?
Old 08-20-2013, 03:09 PM
Alaskan by Choice

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Cord
I'd swear, when I got my truck new (end of 2011), that I could read the tire pressure from the information screen. For the life of me, I can't seem to find it again. Anybody know if it got deleted in an update, or is it tucked somewhere and I'm not finding it?

NOPE. Never been able to read the tire pressure on the screen on my "old" '11 or my new '13. It can't be that hard for ford to program it to display on one of the "extra" screens.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:18 PM

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by waterboyjlw
NOPE. Never been able to read the tire pressure on the screen on my "old" '11 or my new '13. It can't be that hard for ford to program it to display on one of the "extra" screens.

One of the things I missed on my old Titan and Armada, being able to read tire pressures from the SatNav screen. And you're right, it shouldn't be difficult to turn that data into something usable given it's already being transmitted.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:22 PM
Alaskan by Choice

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by OddBall
One of the things I missed on my old Titan and Armada, being able to read tire pressures from the SatNav screen. And you're right, it shouldn't be difficult to turn that data into something usable given it's already being transmitted.

Because I program indusstrial computers here at work (occasionally), I know that the actual values are being "logged" in the computer in order for the "comparison" to take place. Just silly that the purchaser cannot see the tire pressures on the screen. I live in Alaska and get large temperature swings up here which affect tire pressure. I'm on my second Ecoboost truck and KNOW that tire pressure can really impact MPG....
Old 08-20-2013, 05:43 PM

Received 221 Likes on 178 Posts

Most all the Chebie/GMC vehicles display the pressure - it's very valuable info

I can check the tire pressure in my truck tires with my TPMS tool, so I don't know why Ford didn't give us a display of pressures on the instrument cluster.

Bob
Old 08-21-2013, 06:08 AM

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by waterboyjlw
Because I program indusstrial computers here at work (occasionally), I know that the actual values are being "logged" in the computer in order for the "comparison" to take place. Just silly that the purchaser cannot see the tire pressures on the screen. I live in Alaska and get large temperature swings up here which affect tire pressure. I'm on my second Ecoboost truck and KNOW that tire pressure can really impact MPG....
Exactly. But it should be available for everyone. Regardless, I have noticed a decline in quality and standard features over the years. Our 08 Accord, for example, has a manual hood prop rod, no dimmer **** for the instrument cluster and what has to be the worlds thinnest leather. Ever. I won't go into the rest of what I consider to be annoying or downright cheap on that car. They're doing it on the F150's and everything else too.

Companies are shaving a few dollars here and there to save and we're paying for it. Oddly enough.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:47 AM
Bye F150, hello F250

Received 92 Likes on 61 Posts

First World Problems..

Last edited by Platinum_Sean; 08-21-2013 at 10:05 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Platinum_Sean:
BCMIF150 (08-21-2013), bubbad (08-22-2013), RES4CUE (08-21-2013), white08gt (08-21-2013)
Old 08-21-2013, 01:33 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Platinum_Sean
First World Problems..

While I do agree that we are complaining about a first world problem, I will also say that my $19k 2012 Chevy Cruze daily driver I had a year ago displayed tire pressure on its "old school single color" info screen in the dash, along with a digital MPH display and when you set the cruise control it also would tell you exactly at what speed you had set it. First world problems? Sure, but also expecting some value for your money, especially when it's super simple to do as all the equipment, sensors, and productivity screen UI are already in place, is certainly NOT unreasonable.
The following users liked this post:
waterboyjlw (08-21-2013)
Old 08-21-2013, 01:47 PM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by ozman2005
While I do agree that we are complaining about a first world problem, I will also say that my $19k 2012 Chevy Cruze daily driver I had a year ago displayed tire pressure on its "old school single color" info screen in the dash, along with a digital MPH display and when you set the cruise control it also would tell you exactly at what speed you had set it. First world problems? Sure, but also expecting some value for your money, especially when it's super simple to do as all the equipment, sensors, and productivity screen UI are already in place, is certainly NOT unreasonable.
I don't know but......maybe you should have stayed with GM if these two things were so important?
Old 08-21-2013, 02:40 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BCMIF150
I don't know but......maybe you should have stayed with GM if these two things were so important?
Really? Did you actually read my comment? Of course those things are not super important. I was merely making a point that there is nothing wrong with expecting similar or better features on a more expensive vehicle as a less expensive economy vehicle. It was not a criticism of Platinum_Sean, as I said I agree that it is a pretty insignificant (ie first world) problem. No where did I say I wish I had never bought my Ford because it is missing a tire pressure readout. Wow.
The following users liked this post:
David Feuer (02-21-2020)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tire pressure reading?