Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tips for removing sticky resin from cloth interior...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tips for removing sticky resin from cloth interior...

2010 FX4 black cloth interior.

I went to the stealership to have a water leak fixed under warranty. Today I noticed the passenger seat has a dime-sized area with a small amount of sticky clear resin on it that feels a lot like pine sap in terms of stickiness but has the density of bubble gum. My guess is it was used in the repair (resin, not gum).

I don't want to lose another 1/2 day of my life taking it to the dealer so they can clean it.

Any suggestions for removing a sap-like sticky resin from a black cloth interior without fraying the cloth?
Thanks,
Dave

Last edited by vtdave; 08-20-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i would try wd40, used it on black cloth seat before it did a good job removing caulking/sillicone or anything else sticky. used that to remove all the stickers on the truck as well
Old 08-20-2011, 06:48 PM

Received 242 Likes on 191 Posts

steam clean. Safest, easiest and best option. I work in construction and would get caulking, tar, other sticky stuff on my seats often and I would just steam clean. Takes seconds for it to come off.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:14 AM

Thanks. Will try steam and if that doesn't work, then WD40.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:24 AM

Location: After 20 + years in the foothills of the Sierras; I am now [back] in the south-end of Sunny SoCal!
Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Apply and remove with a micro-towel.

Quick evap' and no residue.

Goo GoneŽ Extreme is specially formulated to remove dried latex paint, tar, lipstick, shoe polish, ball point ink, magic marker, gum, adhesive residue, oil, grease, crayons, etc. with ease. It can be used on furniture, woodwork, shoes, metal and glass surfaces, carpet, FormicaŽ, and more...Goo Gone is safe to use on virtually any surface! - Plastic- Equipment- Furniture- Automobiles-Fiberglass- Boats- Carpet- Clothing- Upholstery
Old 08-21-2011, 11:54 AM

try some orange citrus. air freshener called orange squeeze.im telling us this is awesome stuff. i was skeptical at first this stuff is great on any kind of glue or adhesive. plus it smells good i got it at lowes the clerk said thay us it on all there shelving then thay remove stickers

Quick Reply: tips for removing sticky resin from cloth interior...