Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of buying Pro Comp Prorunner 2.75 Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 09:53 PM

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Thinking of buying Pro Comp Prorunner 2.75 Coilovers

Hey guys,

Anyone here have any feedback on these coilovers? I am contemplating buying these bad boys. They look like some seriously good quality and wonder if anyone here has install these yet?

Old 09-07-2015, 11:16 PM

Received 195 Likes on 171 Posts

Just curious as why you choose these over the other brands with tons of users and company support backing them like fox, King, icon?
Old 09-08-2015, 12:02 AM

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

I like that these are 2.75's vs fox 2.0's for a fraction more. They also can be used with the pro comp 6" lift later down the road. I think pro comp has a pretty big company backing just like fox etc wouldn't you say?
Old 09-08-2015, 09:27 AM

Received 500 Likes on 383 Posts

I tried to find out more about them but none of the 'specs' are very detailed on these. I'd be interested in things like shaft diameter, extension / compression numbers (overall travel), etc... so I could do a true comparison to a Fox 2.0.

Since this is a factory replacement unit (meaning no expectation of serious off road abuse) I'd be willing to give them a shot. Everything ProComp that I have had in the past has been consistently decent quality.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:46 PM

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Default Buy the best you can afford ....

When I think of aftermarket coil overs and the cost of a complete coil over ... I think of names like BOSS f150lifts , KING , Camburg , FOX and Icon .... Companies known for building great off road products for many years ... Pro Comp isn't one of them IMO . For the cost of these Pro Comps .... I wouldnt take a chance on them when you could buy a set of Fox , Icons or BOSS all proven to work great on the f150 ..... I went from the Pro Comp Pro runners to the FOX coil overs and the difference is night and day , but so was the cost .... Id say buy the best you can afford so you dont have to do it again
Old 08-17-2019, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slimcubby
Hey guys,

Anyone here have any feedback on these coilovers? I am contemplating buying these bad boys. They look like some seriously good quality and wonder if anyone here has install these yet?

That’s what I’ve got on my truck. Yes you can go buy Fox or Kings but as I stated in a previous post Pro Comp is Built by Fox and just has Pro Comp name. There are some differences of course like price, and some of the parts. It’s all a matter of your pocket book.

It also depends what you plan on doing as far as off road or just mostly street comfort. I’m putting money aside and going with the Baja Kits Race kit for front of my truck and rear hopefully by Christmas. Good luck on your search.
Old 08-17-2019, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.bajakits.com/c-1336476-k...-ford-4wd.html

This is where I got my upper arms at. They sell King and Fabtech Dirt Logic is made by King but with the Fabtech name. This goes with Fox and Pro Comp. I’ve been around off road lifestyle my whole life. Of course King and Fox are great shocks but for a little cheaper you can go pro comp, Fabtech, or even Bilstein. Icon is good from what I hear but if your planning on off-road and beat your truck up i would stick with, places like Baja Kits, Kibbetech as their set ups are made for abuse. That’s why I’m changing my set up to Baja Kits race series. I do a lot of desert driving and follow the races around Southern California.
Old 08-17-2019, 12:49 PM

Received 1,527 Likes on 1,205 Posts

Originally Posted by baja1mike
That’s what I’ve got on my truck. Yes you can go buy Fox or Kings but as I stated in a previous post Pro Comp is Built by Fox and just has Pro Comp name. There are some differences of course like price, and some of the parts. It’s all a matter of your pocket book.

It also depends what you plan on doing as far as off road or just mostly street comfort. I’m putting money aside and going with the Baja Kits Race kit for front of my truck and rear hopefully by Christmas. Good luck on your search.
Note: This thread is 4 years old....

However, where are you getting that info? I see pro comp is owned by Trans american auto parts, which is owned by Polaris. Fox is its own privately held company as far as I could tell. Polaris and Fox have partnerships, Polaris uses Fox on a lot of their vehicles for upgrades, but they are two separate companies. I don't see Fox making shocks for one of its direct competitors. That wouldn't make business sense. Unless the shocks really are an inferior product.

Fox does make shocks for Zone, BDS, RT Pro, and all of their companies that they own.

Last edited by jdunk54nl; 08-17-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Thinking of buying Pro Comp Prorunner 2.75 Coilovers