Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

texting and driving!!!!????

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 11:23 AM

Received 98 Likes on 71 Posts

Default texting and driving!!!!????

I m so sick of people texting while they drive. Here in Miami it is insane!!! Everywhere on x-press ways, back roads, etc. people are always texting. Every morning on the way to work I have to at least hit my horn once because some idiot is swerving into my lane because of texting. 8 months ago I got rear ended at a stop light because of person texting. However it was light hit and bumper had to be replace. Well this morning at a light, POW!!! rear ended again at stop light. Small car hit me at 45mph. Other car totaled and driver a little banged up but ok. I asked her what happened, she responded I was texting. Texting!!!!???? My truck is all screwed up. You can't tell from pic but the bed is warped. Body shop told me they will probably have to change the bed of my truck. Camera isn't working. What concerns me is that it looks like the end od the frame which holds the bumper is bent. Exhaust is also hanging and bent. This is why Miami has such a high insurance rate. I am so dam pissed right now. Oh well, it is what it is.
Attached Images  

Last edited by 1968dave; 08-29-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, man, that stinks. It will probably never be the same.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:27 AM

Received 579 Likes on 406 Posts

Damn... Sorry dude. My buddy just freshly color matched his bumpers on his 2011 F250 Diesel. Out in Pismo at Huckfest, some lady turned in front of us... in another F250. It wasn't good.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:28 AM

Received 398 Likes on 344 Posts

that sucks man. you should have grabbed her phone and smashed it on the ground.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:22 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

Sorry to hear this Dave. If stupidity was a crime, the jails would overflow.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:27 PM

Received 277 Likes on 193 Posts

Sorry to hear.
There's too much stupid and not enough common sense anymore these days.
I wonder if texting has surpassed drinking for causing accidents. Seem to be an awful lot of them.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:46 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default I feel your Pain.....

Yep, just as bad here in Orlando/Central Florida....idiot fest every morning on the way to work. even large SEMI and buisness TRUCK drivers...had a semi almost side swipe me, got beside him....yep, texting! When it is a commercial vehicle, I call the number on the truck, tell them what they are doing and give them the time to check phone records, hopefully they get fired for being an idiot and endangering everyone around them, there is NO DAMNED EXCUSE, PERIOD!!!

We as a society survived fine without it before, it is pure stupidity at it's finest.

That is a real bummer about your truck, at least you were in a truck and walked away not injured, just think if it was you, your wife or girlfriend, in a Honda, and that dip**** hit you?!?!?! Could have been worse....I lost a coworker like that, hit from behind at a stop light, dumb 20 something kid plowed right into his company Escape.....rear bumper ended up in his headrest, no brakes were ever applied, he drove right into him at a dead stop because he never saw everyone stopped, because TEXTING. In my mind, that is murder, at least manslaughter.

You should have asked to see her phone after she told you that......taken it, slammed it on the ground stomping into a hundred pieces, and then said, "there, solved that, you won't have that problem again".
Old 08-29-2013, 12:57 PM
Senior Member/Vietnam Vet

Received 539 Likes on 369 Posts

You need this:
http://www.sparebumper.com/

Great product and great customer service. It also makes a great step for getting into the bed of the truck whether you have the built-in Man Step or not.
The following users liked this post:
TheTallest (08-29-2013)
Old 08-29-2013, 01:03 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

TXTing is just a popular scapegoat because of media attention.

I see people reading books and newspapers while driving, women putting on makeup (drive at morning rushhour and see how many do this), eating fast food... None of these are any different than TXTing. It is distracted driving.

For anyone that hasnt tried it... My Android (Samsung Note 2) has a voice to txt button (microphone symbol on keyboard). I speak my txt messages and the recognition is 100% accurate most times. Not that I advocate even doing this while driving, but it is a handy feature.

Bottom line is distracted driving is the problem. Dont blame it on technology (txt msging), blame it on idiots.
AZPoolBoy480 (08-29-2013)
Old 08-29-2013, 01:04 PM

Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by MadocHandyman
I wonder if texting has surpassed drinking for causing accidents. Seem to be an awful lot of them.
Yes, texting, has surpassed DUI, as the cause of accidents!
MadocHandyman (08-29-2013)

Quick Reply: texting and driving!!!!????