Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Take off and stopping shutter

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Take off and stopping shudder

I have seen other posts like this but never came across of a solution or reason why, i see people saying they feel the same thing so i am posting this with more information about whats happening in hopes someone could solve the mystery.

When i driving the truck this problem occurs regardless if it is winter (-30F) or if it is in the summer (80F), as well as it happens as soon as the truck is started throughout the whole drive.

There is a shutter like the brakes are engaged lightly or something is holding the truck back, like that feeling when they brakes are semi on. It is causes a shudder, jerk, Rumble kind of feeling. It is the most noticeable when the wheels are fully turned left or right and it goes away after the truck hits 10 MPH then reappears once slowing town under 5-10 MPH.

We jacked up the truck so the wheels were off the ground, and then put it into drive to see what wheels would be shuttering. The back/rear passenger side wheel would not move then move then not move it a fast cycle, the cause of the shutter; But what causes this to happen to the wheel? The wheel would spin freely after the 10-15 MPH mark.

But does not have anything to do with the breaks since we replaced the the brakes as well as the Ebrake and and Ebrake Cable. I have a few other ideas of things it could be but i don't want to mention them and sway opinions. It is no anything in the engine as in neutral it accelerates freely and sounds smooth. It shouldn't be anything with the transmission as the other three wheels spin freely, as since from the truck being in the air.

STATS about truck
Ford F150, 2011, 4X4, XLT Crew Cab, Standard Box, 6 Speed Transmission
100,000 Miles Mostly Highway, All fluids are okay, redone all brakes within the month, No Warning lights.

Last edited by SaskatoonGuy; 06-04-2014 at 02:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: Take off and stopping shutter