Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SYNC V3.2.2 now available for download

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 05:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default SYNC V3.2.2 now available for download

I just checked syncmyride.com and, much to my surprise, there was an update available!

I grabbed a spare flash drive and followed the instructions and I now have SYNC Gen 1 V3.2.2 installed in the truck.

Hopefully, this will fix all of the annoying issues with USB and it locking up and/or ignoring me and I will be able to put the flash drive back in the glove box.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:33 PM
Architect

Received 117 Likes on 65 Posts

From the update:

BG1T-14D544-AD Version Gen1 V3.2.2

This software update is based on your feedback and contains improvements to the SYNC voice recognition system. This means that SYNC will now have the ability to better understand your commands and act quickly. We also added improvements to media device functionality and support, such as improved indexing time for iPod. This update includes the Bluetooth Message Access profile (MAP), the standard developed for the exchange of text messages. The success of sending and receiving text messages between devices will increase as this standard is implemented by more mobile devices. Please Read: This update will take up to 5 minutes to complete. Approximately 40 seconds after you begin the installation, you will receive an Installation Complete message. DO NOT REMOVE YOUR USB DRIVE OR TURN OFF YOUR VEHICLE. You must wait an additional 4-5 minutes until you receive a second Installation Complete message before removing your USB drive. During this interval, while the update is loading, SYNC will not recognize your mobile phone or media device. Be sure your vehicle engine is running (not in accessory mode) throughout the entire installation process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you initiate the installation process, once the download process has begun, you may drive your vehicle.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone with a 2010 (Sync Gen 1 ver 3.1) seeing this update on sync my ride? I'm not...
Old 06-30-2011, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmmm...
Old 06-30-2011, 06:25 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Damn, you beat me to it

And, OMG, the darned thing can actually play tracks now!

BG1T-14D544-AD Version Gen1 ¿ V3.2.2

This software update is based on your feedback and contains improvements to the SYNC voice recognition system. This means that SYNC will now have the ability to better understand your commands and act quickly. We also added improvements to media device functionality and support, such as improved indexing time for iPod. This update includes the Bluetooth Message Access profile (MAP), the standard developed for the exchange of text messages. The success of sending and receiving text messages between devices will increase as this standard is implemented by more mobile devices. Please Read: This update will take up to 5 minutes to complete. Approximately 40 seconds after you begin the installation, you will receive an Installation Complete message. DO NOT REMOVE YOUR USB DRIVE OR TURN OFF YOUR VEHICLE. You must wait an additional 4-5 minutes until you receive a second Installation Complete message before removing your USB drive. During this interval, while the update is loading, SYNC will not recognize your mobile phone or media device. Be sure your vehicle engine is running (not in accessory mode) throughout the entire installation process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you initiate the installation process, once the download process has begun, you may drive your vehicle.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:27 PM

Anyone else seeing an upside-down question mark in their version string?
Old 06-30-2011, 06:41 PM
Architect

Received 117 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by TruckLarry
Anyone else seeing an upside-down question mark in their version string?
Yes. Is it causing you an issue?
Old 06-30-2011, 07:00 PM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

Great. I jammed in a USB drive into my Mac, formatted the drive MS-DOS (FAT) couldn't use Safari on the syncmyride site, fired up firefox, was warned my USB wasn't empty, downloaded anyway, when out to my truck, jammed in the USB drive and nothing. The truck saw my USB drive but did not like it.

The sync site says nothing about the format.

Is my USB not formatted correctly?
Old 06-30-2011, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Chipsky
Yes. Is it causing you an issue?
Other than it's an upside down question mark, which is completely weird...

No.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by EricTheOracle
Great. I jammed in a USB drive into my Mac, formatted the drive MS-DOS (FAT) couldn't use Safari on the syncmyride site, fired up firefox, was warned my USB wasn't empty, downloaded anyway, when out to my truck, jammed in the USB drive and nothing. The truck saw my USB drive but did not like it.

The sync site says nothing about the format.

Is my USB not formatted correctly?
You can't use Firefox OR Safarai or anything but Internet Explorer for PC because the process uses ActiveX.

Quick Reply: SYNC V3.2.2 now available for download