Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync unresponsive

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 09:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Sync unresponsive

I've been having strange problems with Sync ever since I bought a SanDisk 16GB microSD card.

If I add new music to the card, the next time I try and use Sync, the push-to-talk button is unresponsive, my phone won't connect via bluetooth, the media button skips over Sync, AM and FM1. Just totally foobared.

I'd reset it but can't get into the Sync menu to do a master reset while this is happening. Seems like after a few hours of non use Sync starts to respond again until I plug that SanDisk microSD card back in.

Then out of the blue everything starts to work fine again, until I remove the USB stick, add music, and plug it back in. I had a 4GB microSD card that never had issues like this.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? How can I reset Sync without getting into the menus?
Old 08-17-2011, 09:19 AM

Seems like a lot of others are having this issue under the Sync heat thread. It's not heat for mine though as it was 60* this morning when mine failed.

One post said to start the truck without the USB stick in, then plug it in once everything is running.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:40 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Similar issues with my truck, plus media button quit working. I had access to do a reset, but just pulled the sync fuse #2 for a little bit. Functionality returned afterwards.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:51 AM

I just went out after the truck has been off for a few hours and it was still messed up. I guess it would be since power was still being applied to Sync.

Anyhow, I noticed that if I kept pressing the AUX button on the dash, Sync would eventually start again. I did a master reset and low and behold it locked up again! So I kept hitting the AUX button until it came back on.

Seems like buggy code to me!
Old 08-17-2011, 07:58 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

I think the Windows embedded software running on it works as well as Windows Vista and Windows Millennium. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsembe...eviceTypeID=12

Since I did the update mine is better however some morning when I start the truck it takes 30 seconds or so to become available. Leaving the ipod connected in the glove box seems to be the cause. If I disconnect before starting the Truck sync seems to work better...

Quick Reply: Sync unresponsive