Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync and text messages.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:48 AM

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Default Sync and text messages.

How do you turn the damn thing off so it doesnt download my text messages automatically. I go into phone settings and turn it off. and the next day if i get a text it still pops up. Its like it resets every time i get into the truck. I like that it auto answers my phone, but i dont need to hear my text messages from it.

Anyway to turn it off and make it stay off?
Old 03-14-2013, 12:01 PM
HAK

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm in the opposite boat. I would LOVE to somehow get that feature to work in my truck. I've tried all the settings and I've read the iphone4S is capable of pushing the text thru BT but I can't get it to work.

Sorry I'm of no help. Just wished mine worked lol
Old 03-14-2013, 12:23 PM
OLD FNG

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I wish I had more options of texts to send back, can you make and upload more or could you use sync voice recognition to say it and send it?

Sorry as I am asking the opposite of your request, never tried to turn mine off.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:59 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Burns331
How do you turn the damn thing off so it doesnt download my text messages automatically. I go into phone settings and turn it off. and the next day if i get a text it still pops up. Its like it resets every time i get into the truck. I like that it auto answers my phone, but i dont need to hear my text messages from it.

Anyway to turn it off and make it stay off?
You have to delete your phone and add it again. When you pair it again your will say that Sync is requesting permission to access messages... just hit cancel to say no. It will continue to the next step and will work for handsfree and streaming without ever downloading messages...

I use mine this way as I found the messaging really annoying through Sync.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:48 AM

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

I didn't get that option. But when i go into settings it says do you want to disable downloading messages. I select yes. Or what ever the function is so that it wont do it. It works for the time that the truck is one, but once you cycle the key it goes back.

Very annoying.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sync and text messages.