Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sync, iphone, pandora ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 05:40 PM

Received 116 Likes on 75 Posts

Default sync, iphone, pandora ?

I just installed pandora on my iphone. When I listen to pandora with sync and blue tooth in the truck do the minutes I listen to it count against my monthly internet data amount I pay for on the iphone or is it using the sync antenna on the roof.
Thanks in advance David
Old 01-25-2014, 05:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your using the Data on your phone plan.
The following users liked this post:
oldguy1946 (01-25-2014)
Old 01-25-2014, 08:36 PM

Received 175 Likes on 112 Posts

That's not a Sync antenna on your roof. It's a satellite radio antenna.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:33 AM

Received 87 Likes on 59 Posts

Minutes are for your talk time only. Text messages are managed by the "each" (the phone company counts them, you pay for them in blocks or you get an unlimited amount).

Everything else comes to you as "data". You pay for your data in blocks as well. The Pandora app gets the music not over the air like regular radio, but over the internet. On your phone, the internet comes to you one of two ways; via the cellular system or via WiFi. When you use the phone company's cell system to get internet data, they meter it (they count the bits and keep track of it). When you use WiFi, your cellular company isn't involved, so it's free!

Your iPhone keeps track of how much cell data you've used. If you go to Settings, Cellular, you can see your total data usage for this "period" (since last reset) and at the bottom (scroll down), you will see your data usage by app.

If you scroll to the very bottom, you will find a "Reset Statistics" where you can reset these numbers. I reset mine at the beginning of each billing cycle.

Hope this helps....

Quick Reply: sync, iphone, pandora ?