Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync and iPhone 4 question

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 04:38 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Sync and iPhone 4 question

Hey all,

I have an F150 with Sync and I am using an iPhone 4 with it. Everything works great except one thing that I hope someone can help me with. I leave bluetooth turned on on my phone and my truck so every time I hop in, my phone is connected and I am good to go. However, there's one thing that bothers me, every time my phone connects, the iPod feature on my phone starts playing music regardless of what music source I have selected. Example: I get in and Sirius starts up with my car. I will continue to hear Sirius radio however my phone will be playing music. If I switch my source to bluetooth then I can hear my music.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:52 PM

Received 369 Likes on 201 Posts

mine doesnt do that. just plays what i had playing last before i turned off the car. do you have the navigation screen?
Old 11-21-2010, 05:04 PM

Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts

Mine does not do this either.
Sync system without Nav.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

mine does do that, just got used to turning it off to not kill my battery if not connected. if you find a solution to stop it from playing, please pass along
Old 11-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Okie Coupe

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Waterfowler41
Hey all,

I have an F150 with Sync and I am using an iPhone 4 with it. Everything works great except one thing that I hope someone can help me with. I leave bluetooth turned on on my phone and my truck so every time I hop in, my phone is connected and I am good to go. However, there's one thing that bothers me, every time my phone connects, the iPod feature on my phone starts playing music regardless of what music source I have selected. Example: I get in and Sirius starts up with my car. I will continue to hear Sirius radio however my phone will be playing music. If I switch my source to bluetooth then I can hear my music.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks.
Sounds like it could be a setting on the phone.

I don't have an iPhone but I did have a situation that took a while to figure out.

When I picked up my new truck at the dealer, the salesman helped me set up the Sync with my cell phone. It worked great so I headed home. After parking the truck and going into the house for any amount of time and come back out and get in the truck, the cell phone was no longer connected to the Sync system. After reconnecting through the Bluetooth search on the cell phone everything was ok again until the phone was turned off or gone from the truck for any length of time.

It turned out to be a setting on the phone.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:00 PM

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

My iphone 4 does this too. But it doesn't do it every time. I thought it did it if I didn't have anything hooked up to the usb, so I left an old ipod hooked up and it stopped playing bluetooth automatically. That worked for a while but when I got in to go to work last night the truck started playing music through the phone as soon as I got in. So I guess I can't help with the problem, but at least your are not alone.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was having the same problem. Try switching your aux from Bluetooth audio to the line in option. That should solve your problem. It worked for me.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:28 PM

Received 251 Likes on 137 Posts

It's an issue with apple's 4.1 OS for the iphone. It's affected multiple manufacturer's in-car entertainment systems including sync. There is hope that the soon to be released 4.2 will solve the problem.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:50 PM
ℳℴↁ℮ℜ@大☢®

Received 47 Likes on 11 Posts

doesn't do it with my 3Gs with 4.1

it has to be an iPhone 4 thing
Old 11-21-2010, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same issue. I'll have the radio on and look at my phone and the play feature on the iphone will be "on". I just turn it off manually when i'm not using bluetooth audio. Also, before I'd be playing through bluetooth audio and I would be able to navigate my ipod feature on the iphone4. Now, (this A.M) it just show's USB screen on the iphone and I can't navigate through the ipod feature. This happens when I'm using USB, but wasn't doing it before when I was using bluetooth audio. Why is the screen locked on Bluetooth Audio? I think it's just a software issue too, hopefully thennew Apple update will fix issues.

Quick Reply: Sync and iPhone 4 question