Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync Bluetooth Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sync Bluetooth Issues

I've got an 09 without NAV/touchscreen on Sync v4.4. The other day Sync stopped working completely to the point where I had to pull the fuse to reset it. I did a factory reset after that to be doubly sure. Re-paired my phone and it worked okay again for a few hours, but now the Bluetooth connection just goes instantly quiet after a while. I have to shut the radio off (power button in the volume ****) and back on again to get it to work. It's been working okay for a day now. I know it's not the phone because it works fine with other Bluetooth devices.

Any ideas what it could be? Is it possible the Bluetooth receiver thing on the truck is going bad? I'm not sure how that kind of stuff works.
Old 04-15-2016, 01:20 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Hi robotsneedhugs2,

Great troubleshooting! If this continues to be an issue, I recommend visiting the dealer.

Keep me in the loop.

Shaay
Old 05-10-2016, 02:04 PM

We tried with another phone and it does the same thing. Is there any user-serviceable part that I can replace myself or is this a dealer only thing?
Old 05-10-2016, 02:24 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Thanks for the update, robotsneedhugs2! We're not trained mechanics on this side; I recommend a visit to the dealer for more assistance.

Shaay
Old 05-10-2016, 06:01 PM

Received 125 Likes on 114 Posts

its the sync 4.4 prob. they put a 4.6 update out and it still not fixed. they havent had a proper working sync update in 2 years
Old 05-11-2016, 07:52 AM

How do you get 4.6? Also, is it possible to downgrade to an earlier version, or would that be even worse?
Old 05-11-2016, 08:07 AM
4Runner Driver

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by robotsneedhugs2
How do you get 4.6? Also, is it possible to downgrade to an earlier version, or would that be even worse?
You go to syncmyride.com, log in or create an account, and see if it is available for yours yet. It isn't available for everyone, and it honestly didn't improve anything other than making Sync Bitch enunciate "bluetooth audio" again instead of slurring it like she does with 4.4.

It still chooses to randomly default to FM radio instead of BT or USB. I've already had to do a master reset in the week since I installed it, AND I (and others) had to fix the install files in the first place to get it to work. Ford's lousy programmers left 3 lines of junk code in the .lst files that kept the install from working correctly, AND the .zip doesn't reliably extract all of the .cab files when uncompressed.

There is also an updated version of 4.4 that is apparently out for some as well. Some guys are reporting problems with it too.

There's about 3-4 threads on the subject of the two updates and Sync sucking in general. I've posted how I fixed the install of 4.6 to all of them if it's available to you and you want to give it a try.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:19 AM

I've checked syncmyride.com and it doesn't show up. I'll keep checking but who knows if it will help me or not... Probably wouldn't hurt either way.

I doubt they're going to keep supporting older vehicles too much more, anyway.

Quick Reply: Sync Bluetooth Issues