Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switchback bulbs in front turns with DRL active

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 08:04 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Switchback bulbs in front turns with DRL active

I am new to my 2013 F150 FX2. I used forscan to turn the DRL on in the front running running lights. I noticed they are brighter went in DRL mode versus when the headlights are on. I want to install switchbacks so that they are white when normally on and then have the Amber signal. Has anyone installed these with this setup? Do they run white or will they be in Amber mode? I don't plan on installing resistors and will use forscan to turn off hyper Flash.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:52 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

They are brighter because dtrl uses the turn light circuit, not running lights. I have switch back leds up front and they are white on running lights, amber on turns. I get what you want as I wanted the same thing but it's not possible which is why I selected fog lights as dtrl.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
They are brighter because dtrl uses the turn light circuit, not running lights. I have switch back leds up front and they are white on running lights, amber on turns. I get what you want as I wanted the same thing but it's not possible which is why I selected fog lights as dtrl.
Thats what I was thinking. Guess it's a good excuse for some nice hyper yellow fog halogens and I'll swap the DTRL to the fogs then. May forgo the switchbacks if I want the DTRL.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:47 AM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I have switchbacks and wanted DRL's also. I installed a set of these behind the grill.

Amazon Amazon

Run @ 100% power during the day and then %50 power when the headlights turn on. Works really well and looks good also.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:49 AM

Oh those look good but spendy. I'll have to ponder it.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:52 AM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Pickupman66
Oh those look good but spendy. I'll have to ponder it.
You can find them cheaper. Just make sure they have the dim or %50 power option. I didn't enable the dim option at first and got pulled over because they were way too bright when running projectors, switchbacks and led fogs.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:49 AM

Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
What brand of switchbacks are you using Rnlcomp?
Old 02-17-2018, 08:51 AM

And just to be clear. My drl's are my turn signals. During the day the light will be white or amber? Like said earlier the drl uses the turn signal circuit and in my head they would be amber all the time not white like i'm thinking. I would think they would be white when I turn on my running lights.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Commeeche
And just to be clear. My drl's are my turn signals. During the day the light will be white or amber? Like said earlier the drl uses the turn signal circuit and in my head they would be amber all the time not white like i'm thinking. I would think they would be white when I turn on my running lights.
From my knowledge of the switchbacks I had in my Dodge, if your dtrl are your front markers they use the turn signal circuit. Hence during day they are Amber. Turns will be Amber as well. At night, they would revert to a white all the time and then Amber turns. I have projector lights so I may just stay and get a super bright Amber led there. Or go with an all white led.
The following users liked this post:
Commeeche (02-17-2018)
Old 02-17-2018, 09:08 AM

Okay, thank you for that. I'll have to see how I like it. I may do what your planning and switch my drl to my fog lights. I guess at least when its during the day they will be bright at least.

Quick Reply: Switchback bulbs in front turns with DRL active