Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switch to turn off Door Chime any Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 10:48 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Switch to turn off Door Chime any Ideas?

I want to be able to turn off the chime when I am listening to music with the doors open. If the button was in the door jam like the older trucks it would not be a problem.

Thanks for any info
Old 09-28-2014, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you tried just turning on the radio again after you pulled the keys out. I just got my truck and just for ****s and giggles I tried to turn the radio back on and to my surprise it worked no door chime no matter what door is open. I have the sync tho.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:26 PM

Received 156 Likes on 131 Posts

use a pen or pencil and flip the metal latch in the door to make the chiming stop (mimics the effect of closing the doors around the pin in the pillar). When flipped the door wont close but pulling on the interior door handle will reset back to normal.

Not ideal if you are constantly jumping in and out (like a farmer for example) but for detailing etc, it works great. Although, to be honest you don't need the key in to listen to the radio. It will only chime when you have the keys in the ignition.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by ianinedm
use a pen or pencil and flip the metal latch in the door to make the chiming stop (mimics the effect of closing the doors around the pin in the pillar). When flipped the door wont close but pulling on the interior door handle will reset back to normal.

Not ideal if you are constantly jumping in and out (like a farmer for example) but for detailing etc, it works great. Although, to be honest you don't need the key in to listen to the radio. It will only chime when you have the keys in the ignition.
When the Doors are open The Key has to be in and turned one click to power the radio unless you know
Something I don't
Old 09-29-2014, 11:13 PM
wait. what?

Received 271 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Storeman
When the Doors are open The Key has to be in and turned one click to power the radio unless you know
Something I don't
I haven't tried it on my F150, but in my Focus ST, I could just turn the radio on without touching the engine start button, I just pressed the radio power button and it would stay on for 10 minutes.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:16 PM

Received 394 Likes on 361 Posts

If the truck was just recently shut off, I can hit the power button on my radio and it will come on with the key pulled and in my pocket. You might try it. Start your truck, kill it, remove the key, open the driver's door, then hit the power button on your radio.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:45 AM

Received 156 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Storeman
When the Doors are open The Key has to be in and turned one click to power the radio unless you know Something I don't
I have the myfordtouch system. At any time I can open the door and hit power on the stereo to play the radio. Perhaps that's not the case for yours. Either way the pencil/pen trick works great.
The following users liked this post:
Storeman (10-02-2014)
Old 09-30-2014, 01:15 PM

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

just press ok when the dash light says door open, turns off the dinger on my 2012 latiat
Old 10-02-2014, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Manuellabour247
If the truck was just recently shut off, I can hit the power button on my radio and it will come on with the key pulled and in my pocket. You might try it. Start your truck, kill it, remove the key, open the driver's door, then hit the power button on your radio.

Thanks but this did not work on my basic Sync system
Old 10-02-2014, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by DBL Boost
just press ok when the dash light says door open, turns off the dinger on my 2012 latiat

This does work but only with the key in the On position just before engine start . It does not work with the key in the accessory position which is where I want it too. I just like too play music sometimes for a hour or two out in the yard or camping. I guess I can drown it out or just do the latch
trick like suggested . Thank you all for chiming in. Things may differ on the sync with the touch screen. Thanks Again this is a great Forum

Quick Reply: Switch to turn off Door Chime any Ideas?