Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercrew subwoofer install questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 03:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2011 Supercrew subwoofer install questions

Hey I am wondering if anyone can help me figure out what the biggest subwoofer and enclosure combo I can go with for under the rear seat and with a seat lift. Sealed and or ported I don't know which is best or possible for size and location. I want to know if I can get full size 12" subs under the rear seat. Which would be mounting depths from 7" and up. Can I build a box that will fit a 9" mounting depth sub, roughly like the alpine type x? Either down or forward firing. I want a lot of bass but under the seat... I have looked at supercrew sounds enclosure with the 2.5" seat lift and that doesnt seem big enough and looks like I could fit the shape a bit better. Bassically want 2 type x subs and I'm thinking ported because I want lots of low loud bass as I listen to hiphop/metal/dubstep. Lots of long low bass notes. But I can't make a decision on my build until I know how big of a box I can build and what fits it in and what suits the box best either ported or sealed. Frustrating... haha.

I am going to post this in the aftermarket section and another forum as I'm not sure where to post my question to get a response. Delete whichever post you see fit as I am not trying to spam.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by KBZ_F150; 10-19-2013 at 03:44 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:58 AM

Received 270 Likes on 191 Posts

Full size sibs will not fit. I have two 12" low profiles that fit in a sealed box. They do make better subs than what I have that will deliver more low end volume.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:36 AM

Well I know the supercrew sounds box has a 7" mounting depth and a 12" pioneer champion pro series has a 7" mounting depth. So I could possibly install that sub as a full size sub or one like it. The alpine type x is like 8 5/8" and I want to stuff that **** under the seats! Haha. It looks like I will have to build my own seat bracket lift and sub box to find out what kind of space I have and go from there...

How do the shallow mount subs sound? Do they move enough to make good bass? I don't think I will be satisfied with shallow mount subs. I'm not in a location where I can demo subs to find out what I truely want or be satisfied with...
Old 10-19-2013, 04:51 AM

Received 216 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by KBZ_F150
Hey I am wondering if anyone can help me figure out what the biggest subwoofer and enclosure combo I can go with for under the rear seat and with a seat lift. Sealed and or ported I don't know which is best or possible for size and location. I want to know if I can get full size 12" subs under the rear seat. Which would be mounting depths from 7" and up. Can I build a box that will fit a 9" mounting depth sub, roughly like the alpine type x? Either down or forward firing. I want a lot of bass but under the seat... I have looked at supercrew sounds enclosure with the 2.5" seat lift and that doesnt seem big enough and looks like I could fit the shape a bit better. Bassically want 2 type x subs and I'm thinking ported because I want lots of low loud bass as I listen to hiphop/metal/dubstep. Lots of long low bass notes. But I can't make a decision on my build until I know how big of a box I can build and what fits it in and what suits the box best either ported or sealed. Frustrating... haha.

I am going to post this in the aftermarket section and another forum as I'm not sure where to post my question to get a response. Delete whichever post you see fit as I am not trying to spam.

Thanks for any help!
In my 2012 XTR

I bought a MTX 12" sub and form fitted sub box for under my jump seat, hooked to my Alpine 5 channel amp mounted behind the seat alpine base controler......and 4 Infinity door speakers kept stock deck and tweeters sound proofed the doors and back of door panels and roof when we put the moon roof in......

My system just pounds, and you don't even know its in there.......has great everything high low's base nice and solid.....

that's my 2cents...lol

Grant
The following users liked this post:
KBZ_F150 (01-15-2014)
Old 10-19-2013, 05:00 AM

Do you have any pictures of the install? What's the depth of that MTX 12" you installed. I want my box to be as form fitting as possible to fit the biggest sub I can.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:30 AM

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts

I have the jl audio 13.5" shallow mount, ur not gonna find many subs better than it. This thing pounds fir a shallow mount sub. Gets lower than I ever would have imagined. Got close to 1000 dedicated watts to it. You can't go wrong with it.
KBZ_F150 (01-15-2014)
Old 10-19-2013, 07:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure if anyone makes a forward fire ported box for under the seat. But I you want big bass it's the only way to go. I just got my Eco screw but I came from Nissan titans which have a very similar back seat. I've had dual 12" up fire and dual 12" down fire sealed boxes under the seat with pioneer champion series dvcs and I thought it sounded like crap both ways. Then I went with a custom box dual 10" sundown audio dvc forward firing side ported box. I also bracket lifted the seat 2" to fit the large box. I know it's not the same truck but like I said back seats are very similar, but that setup is hands down the most bass you can get in an under seat enclosure period.
Attached Thumbnails Supercrew subwoofer install questions-image-3149186166.jpg   Supercrew subwoofer install questions-image-1378140020.jpg  
KBZ_F150 (10-23-2013)
Old 10-19-2013, 04:33 PM

Econoob that is the closest thing I have seen to what I am looking for. That looks good by the way. How much did the sundowns run you? Do you know how much cu.ft the subs have? Do you know if you can forward port with the forward subs? Or would you want to do that? Yeah I want subs that have good movement and can get nice and low. So if I get a seat lift I should be able to fit good 10's. I wonder if I can squeeze in the extra 2" for 12's but that seems like a 4" seat lift and I think thats too much. Not sure yet.
Also I'd need to demo the JL at 600 before I bought that. I have a hard time beliving a shallow mount sub will give me the bass I'm looking for. Not sure though. Hardest part of all this is not knowing how these products do or can sound.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:38 PM

And thanks for the input on the pioneers I was considering those subs at one point.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:42 PM

Received 198 Likes on 183 Posts

Subd cause I def want to add subs under my rear seat but still keep the factory 8 inch. I was wanting 12s with my hifonics brutus amp but thinking ill have to find some good 10s. 12s sound better with hip hop/rap in my opinion

Quick Reply: Supercrew subwoofer install questions