Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SuperCab Rear seat

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SuperCab Rear seat

So I generally demand a very clean vehicle, and having the truck so far, has been far from that. There is simply nowhere on my supercab to keep all the truck things that I keep in the cab like tie downs, the hitch *****, etc. Unfortunately the rear seat clearance is abysmal, and half the floor is already taken up by the lazy jack and hardware. I also had a desire to possibly put in a subwoofer, but the same problem arises as the clearance heavily limits box and sub possibilities.
I have been toying with the idea of lifting the rear seats a few inches. It looks like there isn't any clearance issue with the headrests, and the back would barely be at the rear window. Just curious if anyone else has done this, and if so, what issues might I have. I was going to simply add a spacer in everywhere the seat bolts to the floor, and use longer bolts.
This would allow me to put a subwoofer on one side, and build in two storage boxes, one in the middle, and one on the opposite side.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:29 AM

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

don't forget the behind seat latches will need to be moved up also
Old 11-09-2017, 11:36 AM

I don't think I have any latches. The supercab seats don't pivot forward, only the bottom pivots up. And the seatbelt I believe is attached to the seat itself, not the cab.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:53 PM

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,725 Posts

Yes, they do pivot forward/down. And there is some space behind them for a little bit of storage. No space in the bed for tools and whatnot?
Old 11-09-2017, 02:02 PM
Weekend Warrior!

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I believe it depends on the year of truck the OP has. My 2010 SuperCab XLT rear seat back does NOT tilt forward--only the seats themselves pivot up. The seat back actually hook down onto metal tabs under the window.

Also, there is no room (at least in a 2010) for any storage back there, especially if you have the sliding rear window--the motor is centered behind the seat back.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:45 PM

My rear seat does not seem to pivot forward. I have a '13 XLT 5.0. The only lever pivots the seat bottom up for access to the tools. And the seat is RIGHT ON the back of the cab, no room whatsoever for storage.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:10 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by xkael2005
So I generally demand a very clean vehicle, and having the truck so far, has been far from that. There is simply nowhere on my supercab to keep all the truck things that I keep in the cab like tie downs, the hitch *****, etc. Unfortunately the rear seat clearance is abysmal, and half the floor is already taken up by the lazy jack and hardware. I also had a desire to possibly put in a subwoofer, but the same problem arises as the clearance heavily limits box and sub possibilities.
I have been toying with the idea of lifting the rear seats a few inches. It looks like there isn't any clearance issue with the headrests, and the back would barely be at the rear window. Just curious if anyone else has done this, and if so, what issues might I have. I was going to simply add a spacer in everywhere the seat bolts to the floor, and use longer bolts.
This would allow me to put a subwoofer on one side, and build in two storage boxes, one in the middle, and one on the opposite side.
What year is your truck, I have a 2013 super cab and there's plenty of space for stuff and a sub under my rear seats, the back does not pivot forward on it either, as mentioned already, it fits into hooks or some thing like that.

Sub in the foreground, Ford under seat storage box on the other side with a couple trailer *****, ratchet straps, ****** block, recovery straps, jack and jack rod and a few other misc items.

Old 11-09-2017, 03:16 PM

I have the same seat you do. My issue is spending so much on boxes. And I like making things. I saw a nice quad cab truck with an MDF storage box with the carpet, and I really like how it looked. If I was to make a box like that, I would just as soon raise the seat a bit, and get some extra room. Plus, going homemade the the box allows me full control of its compartments, and layout of the sub and amp
Old 11-09-2017, 03:19 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

I can understand where you're coming from, I prefer factory look and never have enough time or patience to build anything, I use to build boxes and amp'd speakers when I was a teen about a hundred years ago, lol.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:54 PM

haha yeah its been years since I made a sub box, but I plan on keeping this truck for a handful of years to come, so I might as well have it work for me.