Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Stupid Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 09:49 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default A Stupid Question

Alright this is a little odd but I'm new to getting a "new" truch I have always bought used. Well in this case I leased my 2011 F150 as it really cut down on my monthly payments and I LOVE the truck in every way but kind of wished I had gotten a differen't color or at least not the chrome package. Silver with the chrome package just hasn't grown on me like I thought it might. They showed me a black truck with the chrome package I loved but it had 3.55 gears with an open diff, my silver one has the electric locker and the added tail gate step I like. It was kind of a rash choice as I always seem to do, hey I'm young what are you going to do right lol. Any chance they would "swap" out trucks or make any kind of deal or should I just grow to love it over the next two years. Stupid question I know, as I said first time with a new truck.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It all depends on your dealer and how long you have had the truck.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:55 PM

10 days, put 200 miles on it
Old 03-26-2011, 10:03 PM

Worth a try but I doubt it seeing as the paperwork and financing have probably been finalized. Some dealers will try to work with you if it's ony 3-4 days. Maybe your best bet is to personalize your vehicle and make yourself happy. FWIW silver is a much easier color to deal with, Black is probably the hardest to take care of.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:07 PM

Its not that I want black, I liked the blue, red, hate white.. anyways just seems silver is the worse color to have a chrome package on. Just have to watch what I do to it incase I turn it in at the end of the lease (probably wont as I said love the truck) sure I could trade the chrome bumpers for painted ones and put nice black wheels on it only worry is if I trade it in I'd be screwed.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:07 PM

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

I had just turned 22 when I was in the buying process for my truck. I researched for hours upon hours (in a month and a half time frame which was supposed to be longer but my Jeep died on me) to figure out exactly what I wanted and looked at dealers in six different states to find what I wanted and to get negotiating leverage. It was the first time I've ever purchased a vehicle, much less a new vehicle, because in the past I was handed down family member's vehicles and I just made payments to them. Personally, I will never understand why somebody would make such a huge and important purchase on a whim or without exhaustively researching. If it bothers you that much, you can call your dealer and ask. But if I were you, I'd just deal with it and learn to like it
Old 03-26-2011, 10:09 PM

Received 366 Likes on 284 Posts

Black looks best when its clean, but its also dirty again 2 blocks after you wash it, lol!
Old 03-26-2011, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by bowlergt
Its not that I want black, I liked the blue, red, hate white.. anyways just seems silver is the worse color to have a chrome package on. Just have to watch what I do to it incase I turn it in at the end of the lease (probably wont as I said love the truck) sure I could trade the chrome bumpers for painted ones and put nice black wheels on it only worry is if I trade it in I'd be screwed.

Doubt it would be a major issue, especially if you trade to another truck. The dealer will look at the bottom line. There are small things that you can do to take away from all the silver. Add some window tint, small pin stripe, black tonneau cover, etc. Besides, this Spring and Summer when everyone else is washing their trucks every other weekend to make them look good, yours will almost always look clean. If you want a quick color change go mudding
Old 03-26-2011, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by cegan1825
I had just turned 22 when I was in the buying process for my truck. I researched for hours upon hours (in a month and a half time frame which was supposed to be longer but my Jeep died on me) to figure out exactly what I wanted and looked at dealers in six different states to find what I wanted and to get negotiating leverage. It was the first time I've ever purchased a vehicle, much less a new vehicle, because in the past I was handed down family member's vehicles and I just made payments to them. Personally, I will never understand why somebody would make such a huge and important purchase on a whim or without exhaustively researching. If it bothers you that much, you can call your dealer and ask. But if I were you, I'd just deal with it and learn to like it
Why did I just into it? 2 reasons, first its what I always seem to do thats why I'm 23 and have owned a lot of cars and trucks, favorite was my 2000 f150 I had for 4 years, have had 7 mustangs, sport bike, ect. Second reason is I sold my jeep a lot faster then I intended, didn't think Id get offered what I was asking and the guy brought cash, so I was without a ride to work so yea I needed something to drive pretty quick and I had been thinking of a new F150 for weeks.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:08 PM

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by bowlergt

Why did I just into it? 2 reasons, first its what I always seem to do thats why I'm 23 and have owned a lot of cars and trucks, favorite was my 2000 f150 I had for 4 years, have had 7 mustangs, sport bike, ect. Second reason is I sold my jeep a lot faster then I intended, didn't think Id get offered what I was asking and the guy brought cash, so I was without a ride to work so yea I needed something to drive pretty quick and I had been thinking of a new F150 for weeks.
Well if the silver really bothers you, ask your dealer about the possibility of getting a different truck and what would be involved (cost, paperwork, any bank issues, whatever else), and then you can make a decision from there. But since you said you trade vehicles often, maybe it's not worth the hassle since you might not keep it got very long anyway. I know you said you loved the truck, but 10+ vehicles when you're only 23 doesn't forecast that you'll keep your current truck for more than a few years

Quick Reply: A Stupid Question