Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Radio Part Number?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock Radio Part Number?

My stock radio seems to be malfunctioning and I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what the correct part number is to find a replacement. Sites I've checked either don't list an option or list multiple options without clearly defining the differences.

I'm hoping once I have the right part number I can do a better search for a used replacement.

I have a 2012 F-150 FX2 with the 5.0. Looking for the 6-CD/Satellite (non-navigation) version. The controls are part of the dash bezel with the actual unit being a separate piece.

Anyone have some insight into what the correct part number would be, or how to find it short of pulling it from the dash and looking on the unit?

Thanks!
Old 09-14-2016, 06:57 PM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

Go aftermarket.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:47 PM

Here is a helpful answer. Have this one sitting in my garage, easier than you pulling the dash to look. If you need other info off it let me know.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:10 PM

Received 137 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Tothemax
Go aftermarket.
This seems like the best option
Old 09-14-2016, 11:58 PM
King Hater

Originally Posted by Marshal30mm
Here is a helpful answer. Have this one sitting in my garage, easier than you pulling the dash to look. If you need other info off it let me know.

I'm glad you were here to save the day.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:13 AM

Received 217 Likes on 179 Posts

Unless you can find a replacement for cheap, don't waste your money putting OEM back in. If you don't find something local for cheap, pm me. I have my old one laying around. It worked when I took it out. I assume it is a six CD. I never put CDs in it.
The following users liked this post:
houstonguy (09-15-2016)
Old 09-15-2016, 12:11 PM

Thanks Marshal30mm. I went ahead and pulled mine since the number you showed was slightly different then even the options I had seen online. Turns out mine was the same except it ended in BB instead of BA.

Any chance you want to sell yours, assuming it was removed in good working condition? I'll also be reaching out Chad to find out what the part number on his since he mentioned being willing to part with his.

There seem to be at 4-5 different 6-CD options available for 2012 models, but I can't find anything that explains what the differences in the last two letters signifies, or 158 vs. 109 toward the end of the number.

Online availability is limited for the ones I'm confident are the same, so any additional insight is welcome.

As for switching to aftermarket, it's really not something I'm interested in. I've had both simple and extensive aftermarket stereo installations over the years, but prefer to keep this truck stock.

Thanks for the input so far.
Old 09-15-2016, 12:19 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by houstonguy
Thanks Marshal30mm. I went ahead and pulled mine since the number you showed was slightly different then even the options I had seen online. Turns out mine was the same except it ended in BB instead of BA.

Any chance you want to sell yours, assuming it was removed in good working condition? I'll also be reaching out Chad to find out what the part number on his since he mentioned being willing to part with his.

There seem to be at 4-5 different 6-CD options available for 2012 models, but I can't find anything that explains what the differences in the last two letters signifies, or 158 vs. 109 toward the end of the number.

Online availability is limited for the ones I'm confident are the same, so any additional insight is welcome.

As for switching to aftermarket, it's really not something I'm interested in. I've had both simple and extensive aftermarket stereo installations over the years, but prefer to keep this truck stock.

Thanks for the input so far.
Aa to ab to ac ect is revisions. For example my car had a ab amp for factory Sony which gave less power to rear speaker to keep rear occupants from going deaf. I found a Aa and put it in my system got louder
The following users liked this post:
houstonguy (09-15-2016)
Old 09-15-2016, 02:00 PM
Weekend Warrior!

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I have an AL3T-19C157-BE sitting right here, if you're interested...
But it's the single CD/Satellite version.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:05 PM
King Hater

I'd sell you mine then upgrade to aftermarket. There would be no reason I would go with a stock unit if mine gave up the ghost. Aftermarket offers better sound, more options, better looking, etc etc.

Quick Reply: Stock Radio Part Number?