Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering wheel audio control malfunction.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 12:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Steering wheel audio control malfunction.

Hi,I have a 2013 F150 limited with touch screen radio with navigation. I was wondering if anyone is having the same problem I´m having and have they found a fix?
Some times when I press the volume button on the steering wheel the radio station changes, when I press the next station button the volume changes. This happens with all the audio and phone buttons on the steering wheel. The problem comes and goes. Some times the buttons due what they are supposed to due and sometimes not.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:29 PM

Received 99 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by brossyvega
Hi,I have a 2013 F150 limited with touch screen radio with navigation. I was wondering if anyone is having the same problem I´m having and have they found a fix?
Some times when I press the volume button on the steering wheel the radio station changes, when I press the next station button the volume changes. This happens with all the audio and phone buttons on the steering wheel. The problem comes and goes. Some times the buttons due what they are supposed to due and sometimes not.
Yeah. Mine does the same thing. Really annoying, I'll want to turn up the volume to jam out to a song and it ends up changing the station or goes to the next song on the cd. Dont really know a fix for it tho. It just happens randomly.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:17 PM

Received 387 Likes on 274 Posts

Mine did it. Just had the unit replaced under warranty, no questions asked. Only been a couple weeks, but no issues so far.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:46 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by brossyvega
Originally Posted by tabezic
Yeah. Mine does the same thing. Really annoying, I'll want to turn up the volume to jam out to a song and it ends up changing the station or goes to the next song on the cd. Dont really know a fix for it tho. It just happens randomly.
Hello brossyvega and tabezic,

You'll definitely want to have your steering wheel controls examined by your dealerships. These symptoms signifiy some sort of switch or hardware issue and aren't something I would attribute to a software hiccup.

Antonio
Old 11-14-2013, 12:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had it happen on my 2010... It was in the dealer numerous times for this and they couldn't figure out why it was happening.. One day I went to change the volume and it turned my cruise control on and another time it began to cause my truck to accelerate while I had the cruise on. Long story short it ended up being the clock spring in the steering wheel. So be cautious of it affecting your cruise control.

Quick Reply: Steering wheel audio control malfunction.