Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some opinions, noob here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 10:27 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Some opinions, noob here!

Alright this would be my first time "modding" my truck big time. im taking it in steps. im next in line in april for 5100 Adjustables shocks. I researched and pulled the trigger. Next, Researched prices sizes and offsets on wheels, Ordered XD Addicts 18x9 +18 offset from my local 4x4 shop. 720 Out the door for all four. Trying not to break the bank so im gonna get tires probably once the shocks are here. Ive done research on alot of tires and it came down to a few.
General Grabbers w/ Red lettering
Nitto Terra Grapplers
Toyo Open Country

My goal is to sit pretty tall with the 5100s on the highest perch but i dont want any rake leaning back so i was gonna add a leaf. Will this tilt the front more? Also if im adding a leaf with highest setting on the shock, what kind of tire sizes am i looking at to fill the gap nicely? i want this setup to be flawless and i dont want it coming out looking goofy. Say this again, the biggest thing im worried about is rake, i do load the truck up sometimes so i want it raked forward just a bit. What am i looking at here guys?
Old 03-23-2012, 11:42 AM

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts

Multiple options. I have 2011 fx4, bilsteins at highest setting. My truck is perfectly level. No rake either way. I'm thinking bout putting a slight bigger block, 2" maybe in the rear to give me small rake for towing boat. I just recd supersprings for added weight. U could do block, the aal may raise u more than u want. Or u could go 3rd setting on bilsteins.
Tires, I hz e heard guys running 295/65s with 2-2.5 level. Some experience rubbing, others don't. I have 305/55. No rub at all. Don't think u can go any bigger without a lift.
Attached Thumbnails Some opinions, noob here!-image-2096539434.jpg   Some opinions, noob here!-image-244442763.jpg   Some opinions, noob here!-image-1337226890.jpg  
Old 03-23-2012, 02:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Belushi
Multiple options. I have 2011 fx4, bilsteins at highest setting. My truck is perfectly level. No rake either way. I'm thinking bout putting a slight bigger block, 2" maybe in the rear to give me small rake for towing boat. I just recd supersprings for added weight. U could do block, the aal may raise u more than u want. Or u could go 3rd setting on bilsteins.
Tires, I hz e heard guys running 295/65s with 2-2.5 level. Some experience rubbing, others don't. I have 305/55. No rub at all. Don't think u can go any bigger without a lift.
Hey thanks for the info and pics. Truck looks great! For some reason i thought AAL was a minor lift compared to using blocks. Im just like you, i add mowing trailor weight and wood hualing weight and i dont want the nose sticking up to the sky. Ill look into a 2in block.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:01 PM

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by fx4f-150

Hey thanks for the info and pics. Truck looks great! For some reason i thought AAL was a minor lift compared to using blocks. Im just like you, i add mowing trailor weight and wood hualing weight and i dont want the nose sticking up to the sky. Ill look into a 2in block.
Ur welcome. AAL aren't bad. But I do hear they stiffen up the ride quite a bit when unloaded.

Quick Reply: Some opinions, noob here!