Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solo Mach X- V8 Exhaust review

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 10:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Solo Mach X- V8 Exhaust review

Hi guys,

Well tonite I finally got to put it on after having it for 2 weeks. As you may already know the kit is packed very well and comes with a bonus Nike style T-shirt. My only issue with the way it came is the instructions. You have to print them off their website,which is fine, but I felt a few more pics would have been beneficial to less mechanically inclined guys namely me but I got thru it. The install took about an hour with a lift and air tools. It is a bit tricky trying to get the tail pipes perfectly symmetrical and I haven't got it exactly how I'd like but good enough for government work, for now. The kit fits up pretty good though the mid pipe has a second hanger bracket that must be used on the EB I think. Over all not too difficult to install and looks good.

How does it sound you ask? Well............. First start up was/is sweet. I've only driven it for about 20 min tonight and I am definitely liking it. IMHO there is no drone. At 1800 RPM under a load it has an mild tone that comes close to a drone but definitely isn't. I could handle it being louder but I'm half deaf and know that wifey, kid and neighbors will be happier with it the way it is and I still have to open it up yet to see how loud it gets. As others have said when cruising (90-110 KPH)unloaded it is pretty quiet you don't have to crank the radio to hear it over the exhaust. So far I'm very happy, I think the sound is better than the MBRP I tried and the price was pretty good since I was prepared to go with Borla before I found SOLO. Now as long as it doesn't rust up like my buddies MBRP did last winter I'll be a happy camper.

If you want a sound clip the one on their website is better than I can do, check it out. I researched my choice a lot and think that SOLO has the best value on a SS (409/304 tips and can) exhaust with lifetime warranty and shipping incl. If you are in the market for a catback the only reason I could see going with one of the other manufacturers is if you gotta have a particular sound. Otherwise give SOLO a look I think they may give forum members a discount too.

Cheers

Old 07-03-2012, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default solo

New to the forum and I am thinking about buying the MR400 kit for my Ecoboost. Does the Solo exhaust kit improve gas mileage? Does it effect my warranty?, Thanks
Old 10-24-2012, 01:44 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

OP Thanks for posting the review. I may jump on this, please post pictures after winter. Are you in Canada or the US?

Quick Reply: Solo Mach X- V8 Exhaust review