Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sirius Travel Link / Traffic - Cost?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 08:02 PM
MOAR BOOST!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Anyone renew Sirius with Travel Link/NavTraffic?

My free Sirius trial recently ran up on my new 2011 F150 so I set out to renew it. I have had Sirius sat radio for 5+ years in my old truck and I've always loved it so this was a no brainer. But this time I also wanted to add the Travel Link / NavTraffic services to my sat radio account, because I like those features a lot on my nav unit.

Well I called Sirius and got a nice promo rate of $77/year on the radio service (google it, it's a very commonly used promo deal). I told him that I also wanted to add the NavTraffic service (which is $4.99/month). He said he'd need to transfer me to customer service to add the NavTraffic, so he did. Once I got there, the person told me they could add the NavTraffic but that it could not be combined with my $77 radio promo.

They're saying that I have to buy the radio + NavTraffic as a package deal because my particular nav unit uses the same radio ID (ESN number) for both the radio and the travel link services (whereas some radios have separate IDs). So he told me I would have to cancel my $77 deal, buy the radio for the full price of $154, THEN I could add the NavTraffic service for $4.99... This basically means adding 1 year of NavTraffic would cost me:

$77 + $4.99*12 =$136.88

And that's in ADDITION to the $77 I'm already paying for radio service.

Has anyone else renewed their Sirius radio with NavTraffic or Travel Link services? Did you have to pay full price? From what I've read, almost nobody buys Sirius at full price since they offer so many discounts... I don't wanna be a sucker. I think the best price they could possibly offer for the combo deal was like $185, I don't exactly recall.

Last edited by Skandocious; 01-02-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:31 PM
MOAR BOOST!

Too late the change the title of the thread but my real question is whether or not anybody has successfully renewed their Sirius radio service WITH NavTraffic, Travel Link, or both?
Old 01-02-2012, 08:50 PM

Received 135 Likes on 63 Posts

If you wait I think they might offer you a better deal. I haven't had to renew yet, have it on both my Jeep and my Honda, but I let them run out and got a great deal.

Also DO NOT put it on a card that will automatically renew. Get a pre-paid CC or one that will expire before the contract is up and put it on that. This way you won't get an automatic renewal for a BIG fee.

They will turn you radio off at the end of the contract, but will email you with some really good deals to keep you.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:04 PM
MOAR BOOST!

I already got some decent offers in the mail but if you read the fine print you'll see that they only apply to radio service. So I think using one of those offers would put me in the same situation that I'm in now-- where they would activate my radio with the promo (in the radio renewal department) and then transfer me to customer service to add the other services and CS will tell me that my promo deal only works on radio service. It seems that their billing system doesn't account for customers who have radios that share an ESN/radio ID for both the radio service and the travel link service. I guess most cars have separate ESN's for the 2 services, in which case you buy the radio and travel link as 2 completely separate services with different billing cycles, etc.

If you look on your nav unit in the system info section you'll see that it has 2 line items for ESNs but they're both the same.

Last edited by Skandocious; 01-02-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:29 PM

Received 119 Likes on 64 Posts

I just renewed the Sirius radio on my truck, and also on my wife's Escape, where the six month free subscription was ending. I got the $77 deal for the radio renewals, but the TraveLink cost me $21.65 per vehicle (annual renewal). This is just the TraveLink, not the traffic, which costs more. Also, I was not able to get a 2d vehicle discount for the Travelink like I did for the Sirius radio.

Spoke to a 'customer retention' person and they could not do any better for the Travelink.

I had the same issue as previous posters with two ESNs, one for the radio and one for the data. Don't know if this was the reason I couldn't get a better deal, but it works out to $1.80 per month which isn't bad.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:34 PM
MOAR BOOST!

Originally Posted by Abn150
I just renewed the Sirius radio on my truck, and also on my wife's Escape, where the six month free subscription was ending. I got the $77 deal for the radio renewals, but the TraveLink cost me $21.65 per vehicle (annual renewal). This is just the TraveLink, not the traffic, which costs more. Also, I was not able to get a 2d vehicle discount for the Travelink like I did for the Sirius radio.

Spoke to a 'customer retention' person and they could not do any better for the Travelink.

I had the same issue as previous posters with two ESNs, one for the radio and one for the data. Don't know if this was the reason I couldn't get a better deal, but it works out to $1.80 per month which isn't bad.
So to be clear, with 1 shared ESN, you were able to get the $77 radio deal AND add travel link on for only $21.65/year?! They were telling me as long as I wanted to add more services I had to give up my $77 promotional rate on the radio.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Call this number......

I called 800-682-4114 which I read about in a previous thread under post #10.

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/sirius-xm-deal-121270/

It's the cancellation department. I renewed for $77/yr for Sirius Select (Standard) + $24/yr for TravelLink + $2 billing fee (so didn't have to give a credit card and no auto renewal) + fees and taxes for a total of about $120/yr. The lady was very helpful and it took about 10 min. I just told her right off I wanted the $77 promo deal and add TravelLink. I did this 2 weeks ago.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:15 PM

Received 119 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Skandocious
So to be clear, with 1 shared ESN, you were able to get the $77 radio deal AND add travel link on for only $21.65/year?! They were telling me as long as I wanted to add more services I had to give up my $77 promotional rate on the radio.
Yes, but for full disclosure, they add the $10.56 Music Royalty Fee and $8.92 local taxes and $2.00 admin fee for a total of $120.13.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by bryanc
I called 800-682-4114 which I read about in a previous thread under post #10.

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/sirius-xm-deal-121270/

It's the cancellation department. I renewed for $77/yr for Sirius Select (Standard) + $24/yr for TravelLink + $2 billing fee (so didn't have to give a credit card and no auto renewal) + fees and taxes for a total of about $120/yr. The lady was very helpful and it took about 10 min. I just told her right off I wanted the $77 promo deal and add TravelLink. I did this 2 weeks ago.
Nice! I'll do just this when mine runs out!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Idiot Extraordinaire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got thru doing the exact same thing, $109.20/year.

Quick Reply: Sirius Travel Link / Traffic - Cost?