Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side Mirror Problems

Old 03-06-2011, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side Mirror Problems

I have a Harley Davidson F150 - 2010. Luv the truck but am not happy with stock side mirrors. They get dirty and fog up quickly.
I am in Canada so winter driving is a fact of life.

The mirrors are non heated, have the power adjustment capability and are not equipped with the power fold option.

I am finding that the air currents around the mirror seem to be contributing to the problems as the mirrors seem to get wet and subsequently unusable quick when the roads are wet.

I want to replace the mirrors with heated mirrors and if possible a power fold away version. Ford sells this mirror but am not sure if the truck wire harness supports it. I have a heated rear window with a switch on the climate console. The power mirror adjustment appears to have the fold away function but again not sure if it is wired in.

My question is:
Is that anyone out there that has a 2010 Harley Davidson F150 that is equipped with heated side mirrors that are power adjustable and have the power fold away option?

If so I would assume that that the harness is in place in my truck to support the replacement of the mirrors. My truck was built at the Dearborn Tuck Plant if that helps.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:41 AM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

unless they spec-out the Canada trucks different, you should already have heated mirrors but no powerfold option. The heated rear window and heated side mirrors use the same switch, so try turning that on.

There was no powerfold option for 2010 Harleys, but it appears they added it for 2011.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:36 AM

I tried it already. There was no evidence of any heat. The rear window cleared but the mirrors remained fogged.

There is usually an etched heat mark on the mirror if they are heated. There is no mark on these mirrors.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:54 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by HH235
I tried it already. There was no evidence of any heat. The rear window cleared but the mirrors remained fogged.

There is usually an etched heat mark on the mirror if they are heated. There is no mark on these mirrors.
A good way to see if they are heated is look on the mirror for the little symbol then there is another way turn on the rear defrost and wait for about 5 minutes and touch the mirrors but be careful they get HOT
Old 03-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Okie Coupe

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by HH235

I think you should talk with your dealer. I'm sure you should have heated mirrors on a Harley F150. Check out the
Exterior Features standard equipment list for a Harley F150.

My heated mirrors didn't work when I first got my truck. When I pushed the heated mirror switch the door ajar indicator light would come on.

Last edited by shortride; 03-07-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:44 AM

If the mirrors don't work that is one thing, if you are looking to upgrade that is another. I added the powerfold mirrors to my '10 FX4 and was relatively painless. It already had the heated mirror option so it worked before and after (just used them this morning). The nice thing is the new mirrors also had the puddle lights which the previous mirrors didn't. I would think your truck had heated mirrors at your trim level.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by notacow
If the mirrors don't work that is one thing, if you are looking to upgrade that is another. I added the powerfold mirrors to my '10 FX4 and was relatively painless. It already had the heated mirror option so it worked before and after (just used them this morning). The nice thing is the new mirrors also had the puddle lights which the previous mirrors didn't. I would think your truck had heated mirrors at your trim level.

How did that work out for you? Was it simply a plug and play swap with your old mirrors with the wiring already there? I also have a 2010 fx4 with heated mirrors. And if you don't mind me asking, what did it cost you?
Old 03-08-2011, 11:31 AM

Went smooth, took half a day to install and wire. Here are the parts I ordered:
Passenger Side Mirror
8L3Z-17682-SA
$342.16

Drivers Side Mirror
8L3Z-17683-SA
$471.58

Switch
7L1Z-17B676-AA
$13.38