Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sick of my grill...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Sterling Grey FX4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Sick of my grill...

Hey guys, I've been on this forum for a year or so now under the username 4.6f150 until August when I finally got my first truck on my own, I was sharing a 2007 4.6 f150 with my brother until I got my baby ,a 2010 FX4 with a 5.4 supercab with black cloth and a center console shifter in my now favorite color, sterling grey. I plasti-dipped the badges black and added different FX4 logos on the bed to make it a little more my style. I love everything about the truck and wouldn't have picked any other one. I have only one complaint which I intend to fix and that is the grill(e) that's on it right now. It has a 3 bar type deal and i'm just not a fan, I've been trying to find a 6 bar that I can swap in but haven't had any luck yet, I'm basically wondering if it is possible to just buy the inner part of the grille and keep my ptm surround? Or do I need to get the whole grille including surround to make this work? I stumbled around on the ford parts website but I'm having trouble telling what is what because like I said I don't want to buy the whole grille if possible. Any help is appreciated, Thanks!!

Old 12-04-2013, 07:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know if the fx4 is the same but my chrome 3 bar on my xlt is 1 piece
Old 12-04-2013, 07:36 PM

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

I too got tired if my fx2 grill on my 2012. I bought this XLT 6 bar
Chrome grill from Ford. There Is no insert on these grills.
Be careful when removing your grill.
Thx
Attached Thumbnails Sick of my grill...-image.jpg  
Old 12-04-2013, 08:27 PM

Received 432 Likes on 233 Posts

I'm basically wondering if it is possible to just buy the inner part of the grille and keep my ptm surround?

I can not confirm if you can buy just the center grille. I can confirm that it is possible to keep your existing sterling grey surround and swap out the center for the 6 bar FX style. Keep watching local classifieds and ebay. They do come up from time to time. I did this swap to my '09. Bought a used complete FX ingot silver 6 bar and swapped the center out to my blue flame surround.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:42 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry to jack the thread, but I'm also not happy with my chrome xlt grill. Mag, are you planning on selling your white fx grill? Please pm me if you are. Thanks
Old 12-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Unofficial Glass Guru

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

I have a white grill for sale

https://www.f150forum.com/f59/fs-201...-grill-235240/
Old 12-05-2013, 12:20 AM
Sterling Grey FX4

alright, I might just stop in at the dealer later this week and see if they can help me out and i'll let you guys know what I find out
Old 02-23-2014, 10:47 PM
Sterling Grey FX4

Just thought I'd update anyone that was checking this thread out. I found a 6-bar grille on ebay (just the insert) going off of the guy that sold it to me word that it would fit. It showed up just the other day and friday night I pulled my grille off (only broke 2 clips out of the 5 on the surround!) But the real fun was getting the insert out, probably 15-20 plastic clips that had to be pushed through to allow the insert to release. After I got that done installing the new insert was a breeze. I laid it on the living room floor lined it up and popped all the clips on in a matter of 30 seconds walked out to the truck pushed the clips on the surround back in and threw a few bolts and nuts back on and she's good to go. I'll get a before and after picture up tomorrow.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:22 AM
The Ground Beetle

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Im on the same boat as you, i got the 3 bars grille but in chrome on my xlt, i was looking for a 6 bars grille as well. I did my homework, the paint to match surrounding grilles are a 2 pieces, the surround and the centre. i just stumbled to that thread or else i would have chimed in.
I plastidipped the grilles centre, now i have a chrome surrounding and black centre. waiting for my grille to get here. Post pics, its always eye candy to see great looking trucks.

Quick Reply: Sick of my grill...