Show off your "09 - Present" FX4 - Page 507 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show off your "09 - Present" FX4

Reply

 
 
 
Old 09-03-2014, 01:24 PM
  #5061  
Junior Member
 
phomeniuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chatham, Ontario
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

It took me 1 full can exactly. Left the wheels on the truck, put newspaper behind them to cover the rotors/calipers and taped off the tires. Sprayed 'em right on the truck. They turned out perfect aside from a little light coverage on one area of the left front which I've been too lazy to touch up.

We'll see how they hold up in the winter. I'll have to do an update thread after a few snowfalls, but let's not talk about that right now .
phomeniuk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:51 PM
  #5062  
Senior Member
 
BucketMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 2,225
Thanked 377 Times in 270 Posts
Default

Some last minute shopping for my sons 3rd birthday, how could I pass this up? Just a 5 liter, but hey, he's 3, he likes loud things and he doesn't need to be going fast at this age anyways. Even has BFG's like dad's truck, black wall out!
Attached Thumbnails Show off your "09 - Present" FX4-image-3176957883.jpg   Show off your "09 - Present" FX4-image-641702515.jpg   Show off your "09 - Present" FX4-image-4077290471.jpg  
BucketMan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:00 PM
  #5063  
Member
 
goneMINIcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 8,910
Thanked 558 Times in 479 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MaxKrax View Post
Sounds about right, I do have the tailgate step already, but everything else looks good. Rigid does have some really nice products, I was looking at their light bars which are in the thousands. The smaller lights are a little more affordable. For the SR-Q rear lights, I'm assuming the floods would be preferable?
Nice bars can be had for much less than MSRP. I'll send you a PM a little later with some more info. For rear lights, you really want the diffused pattern. They provide almost 180* of light. I'll send you some pics later too.
goneMINIcrazy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:04 PM
  #5064  
Senior Member
 
bamaboy94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,701
Thanked 56 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by goneFXcrazy View Post
Nice bars can be had for much less than MSRP. I'll send you a PM a little later with some more info. For rear lights, you really want the diffused pattern. They provide almost 180* of light. I'll send you some pics later too.
Can you shoot me a pm too??
bamaboy94 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:04 PM
  #5065  
FX4 Blackout
 
Murderisthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,334
Thanked 156 Times in 119 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BucketMan View Post
Some last minute shopping for my sons 3rd birthday, how could I pass this up? Just a 5 liter, but hey, he's 3, he likes loud things and he doesn't need to be going fast at this age anyways. Even has BFG's like dad's truck, black wall out!
Please tell me that's a 1:10 scale... I've been looking for 12th gen body to build on a Axial SCX10 RC Crawler frame......
Murderisthegame is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:14 PM
  #5066  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 112
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Hey Bucket, where'd you get it, would love to get one. Happy 3rd to the little man.
Tora is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:19 PM
  #5067  
Senior Member
 
eg78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 827
Thanked 98 Times in 76 Posts
Default

Only 1 can? how many coats?

Originally Posted by phomeniuk View Post
It took me 1 full can exactly. Left the wheels on the truck, put newspaper behind them to cover the rotors/calipers and taped off the tires. Sprayed 'em right on the truck. They turned out perfect aside from a little light coverage on one area of the left front which I've been too lazy to touch up.

We'll see how they hold up in the winter. I'll have to do an update thread after a few snowfalls, but let's not talk about that right now .
eg78 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:21 PM
  #5068  
Senior Member
 
eg78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 827
Thanked 98 Times in 76 Posts
Default

I got 2.5 cans just on my nerf bars

Originally Posted by eg78 View Post
Only 1 can? how many coats?


eg78 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:29 PM
  #5069  
Senior Member
 
BucketMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 2,225
Thanked 377 Times in 270 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Murderisthegame View Post

Please tell me that's a 1:10 scale... I've been looking for 12th gen body to build on a Axial SCX10 RC Crawler frame......
Originally Posted by Tora View Post
Hey Bucket, where'd you get it, would love to get one. Happy 3rd to the little man.
I don't think it's that big, doesn't say the scale on the box.

Wal Mart, reasonably priced at $4.97 too!
BucketMan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:18 PM
  #5070  
Member
 
goneMINIcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 8,910
Thanked 558 Times in 479 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bamaboy94 View Post
Can you shoot me a pm too??
gotcha!


Originally Posted by Murderisthegame View Post
Please tell me that's a 1:10 scale... I've been looking for 12th gen body to build on a Axial SCX10 RC Crawler frame......
It looks smaller than a 1:18 so I doubt it.

Originally Posted by BucketMan View Post
I don't think it's that big, doesn't say the scale on the box. Wal Mart, reasonably priced at $4.97 too!
Nice!
goneMINIcrazy is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Show off your "09 - Present" FX4


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: