Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Advance Trac question

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Advance Trac question

Question for Fordservice or anyone who may know the answer to this warranty question:

I've had the Service Advance Trac warning pop up off and on ever since i've had the truck. I've asked the service techs to check into it before (while getting an oil change/tires rotated) and they didn't have any luck getting it to "trigger" the warning. So... they have record of me asking about it and record of me letting them know it is happening.

This is all prior to 36,000 mile warranty.

Now, i'm at 37,000 miles - took it in today for oil change/tire rotation and told to them to check the Advance Tract because the warning was actually up when i drove into the Service garage... so it was "activated" and all. I didn't think about me being over 36k now.

So... is this issue long gone because i'm out of warranty OR can i argue that I had complained about this issue before 36k and they have that in my records?

2011 S-crew FX4 Eco
Old 09-15-2014, 02:48 PM

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts

Did they ever make a record of the complaint on your invoice or perform a repair? If it's the latter, I believe it would be covered under the new repair warranty.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no repair was ever made - at the time they could not get the warning to come up. it just so happened it came up this morning while backing out of my garage on the way to the dealership.

but yes, there should be record of the complaint.

Originally Posted by Cord
Did they ever make a record of the complaint on your invoice or perform a repair? If it's the latter, I believe it would be covered under the new repair warranty.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:47 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

As long as it is noted on your repair invoice you should be ok. I did the same thing when my rear slider started acting up. They could not have the issue occur when I had it in for service but the complaint was recorded.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:04 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

When it happens next check the off-road display where it shows roll, pitch, and steering angle.

If it is stuck on one value or missing completely then you have a bad steering angle sensor. Also if it is this your turn signals won't stay on.

When mine went my display showed my wheels were completely turned full lock while driving 45mph. No wonder the computer was confused.

Very common issue for 2011 that requires rack to be replaced.

Quick Reply: Service Advance Trac question