Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Searching for best aftermarket headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 03:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Searching for best aftermarket headlights

Hi, guys. I've read most of the forum on this matter, but still didn't find an answer to my problem.
I have 2012 F150 lariat, witch I've already bought with aftermarket chinese headlights instaled (noname projectros with halogen H7 for both - hi's and low's).
The light output is not good, for not to say very bad (quite dangeros to drive at nihgt)
I've tried regulating, putting in brightest of bulbs (osram nightbreaker), but nothing realy helps- output is week. Ive looked at projectors- lense looks clear, projector isnt burned out, but still- there is not enough light on the road while driving at night.
Problem is, that here in Europe, Latvia swaping to HID's without factor's active leveling system is illegal, so I can't just put in HIDs and happily get on with my life.

Can you recomend headlight assambley to buy with the most light output on the road with halogens (or led bulbs, but with possibility to change to halogens once a year for mandatory technical inspection), or headlight assembly and aftermarket projector kit (can try swaping) which works best.

Sorry for my english - not my first language. :0
Old 01-25-2019, 08:07 AM

Received 892 Likes on 584 Posts

Basically all aftermarket lights are garbage. Like you discovered, they are equal to or worse than oem halogens. Given your situation, and I hate saying this, probably led bulbs are your way to go in the oem headlights... but either Diode Dynamics SL1 series or Morimoto 2 Stroke 2.0 series. These were designed to go in a reflector housing. Are oem hid headlights not an option?
The following users liked this post:
Diode Dynamics (01-28-2019)
Old 01-25-2019, 08:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

problem is, that I dont have a oem housing on my hands.
this is what im fighting

also one of lights has wrong beam pattern, and- as it goes with chinese- there is no way to correct it, sao il have to buy different housings anyways.
maybe there is someone with experience with canging projector itself?
Old 01-25-2019, 08:44 AM

Received 106 Likes on 82 Posts

You have to open them up and put good projectors in there and a good HID kit. You will have headlights that are better than the OEM HIDs at that point.
Old 01-25-2019, 09:27 AM

Received 308 Likes on 247 Posts

I would say these would be a decent option. it will also flow better with the truck being you have chrome.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Factory-Pro...FF7:rk:12:pf:0

they're OEM knockoff and look identical to the OEM HID headlights. I'm not sure the output would be any better than what you have but if you're going to get new headlights - i would vote for these.

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/new-fa...lights-377231/
Old 01-27-2019, 08:53 PM
F150 Forum

Received 129 Likes on 128 Posts

led headlight, the beam.

Old 01-28-2019, 05:48 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the Spyder Projector headlights with the C-Style DRL. I switched the bulb that it came with to an LED bulb, and now they are bright as hell and shine far. Look good too and you can get them in black (what I have) or chrome housing. They can be a little expensive, but you can find good deals on them and as always you get what you pay for.

The following users liked this post:
XMP64 (06-14-2019)
Old 01-28-2019, 10:39 AM

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

cportlock6 - can you give me more info on the led's you used? i have the same headlights and although i have 6500k hids, i'm not happy with the output.thought about doing what you did but not sure where to start. Thanks in advance
Old 01-28-2019, 04:06 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Massshole13sc
cportlock6 - can you give me more info on the led's you used? i have the same headlights and although i have 6500k hids, i'm not happy with the output.thought about doing what you did but not sure where to start. Thanks in advance
I just bought LEDs off Amazon that fit the headlight. Not sure what brand, but I've had them for a while now with no problems. So no complaints from me. I can look on my Amazon history and I'll upload a link to what I ordered.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:17 PM

Received 892 Likes on 584 Posts

Originally Posted by OEDRO
led headlight, the beam.

Brighter and highly focused and the pic is nothing but glare and not even useful output picture. Im assuming this is a joke right?

Quick Reply: Searching for best aftermarket headlights