Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screwed by Ford on my chrome wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 10:22 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Screwed by Ford on my chrome wheels

I posted about a stain problem I had with my chrome wheels.

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/stained-chrome-wheel-covers-233976/

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/2013-wh...estion-236430/

Contacted Crystal in this forum and she directed my complaint to the "right" people who could "help" me with this problem. Crystal did her job well. I was contacted immediately. Talked to Heather this morning and she informed me that since Ford already denied the claim there is nothing she can do about this problem.

So, after 3 and 1/2 months I received a decision that Ford said the wheels were not defective, so I'm $hi+ outta luck!

The thing that really sucks is that Ford and the dealership took $30,000 for this truck and can't seem to find a way to work out a satisfactory resolution for this problem. I last purchased a new Ford in 1988, and had nothing but trouble with it. I traded it in after 3 years. Decided to take a chance on Ford again, and it seems like deja vu. Don't think I'll chance it ever again. Guess this might be the reason Ford changed their slogan from "Quality is Job One" to "Built Ford Tough" (tough luck, that is!).
If anyone asks how I like my Ford... I'm gonna let them know!
Old 01-14-2014, 10:30 AM
FLAWLESS VICTORY!

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Just by looking at your original thread, it appears to me that the dealer is the one screwing you not FORD itself. JMHO.

The dealer needs to pony up the replacements not FORD.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:31 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by electrotyper
If anyone asks how I like my Ford... I'm gonna let them know!

What are you gonna let them know? That you love it other than some staining on the wheels?
Old 01-14-2014, 11:29 AM

Received 223 Likes on 153 Posts

The plastic chrome covers are lame anyways. Get some true aftermarket chrome wheels and it'll look better to boot.
The following 2 users liked this post by lewis26:
McCarthy (01-14-2014), zimmer0 (01-14-2014)
Old 01-14-2014, 12:06 PM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by lewis26
The plastic chrome covers are lame anyways. Get some true aftermarket chrome wheels and it'll look better to boot.
Aftermarket wheels dissolve in the salt-belt. That's why they use chrome cladding on plastic: it holds up better.
The following users liked this post:
Toddman38 (01-14-2014)
Old 01-14-2014, 12:10 PM

Received 97 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
Just by looking at your original thread, it appears to me that the dealer is the one screwing you not FORD itself. JMHO.

The dealer needs to pony up the replacements not FORD.
I agree with this. All too often, people get screwed out of their warranties by dealerships. The few times I've had warranty claims, I've always talked to the dealership, figured out their stance on the subject and then let the work be done or went somewhere else depending on what I discovered. Don't let them have the VIN and your information first. As Heather said, once a dealership makes note of the issue with your truck, Ford and other dealerships will not want to help.

On a side note, I can't blame you for bashing Ford to people who ask or for buying something else next time. Brand loyalty means nothing to me. Experience is all I go off of. Good luck!
Old 01-14-2014, 12:28 PM

Received 577 Likes on 390 Posts

Do you have any other problems with your truck? I find it hard to believe you would not buy another Ford because of a few marks on the rim. If the seats caught fire or the entire truck caught fire or maybe left you on the side of the road a few time I could see it. It is a Truck yes you paid a lot for it, it will get dirty it will get scratched it will get door dings. Unless you want a garage queen. It is not Ford corporate that is not doing you right it is the Dealer bash them tell your friend not to buy form them.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mlarv
Do you have any other problems with your truck? I find it hard to believe you would not buy another Ford because of a few marks on the rim. If the seats caught fire or the entire truck caught fire or maybe left you on the side of the road a few time I could see it. It is a Truck yes you paid a lot for it, it will get dirty it will get scratched it will get door dings. Unless you want a garage queen. It is not Ford corporate that is not doing you right it is the Dealer bash them tell your friend not to buy form them.
It's not the idea that the vehicle won't get scratches or dings... but I want to put them there! Would you want to purchase an expensive stainless steel appliance, and discover marks on a week later than may not be very noticeable... or any other large purchase, for that matter. I hope you get the point!
I noticed the stains the Saturday after picking the truck up the previous Monday (Sept 30th) and was contacted by manager Nov 26th. I'm still waiting for for the
manager to call me with a date to bring the truck in to work on it.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by lewis26
Will have to wait for money... put all I could on the downpayment for the truck!

Originally Posted by Mlarv
It's not the idea that the vehicle won't get scratches or dings... but I want to put them there! Would you want to purchase an expensive stainless steel appliance, and discover marks on a week later than may not be very noticeable... or any other large purchase, for that matter. I hope you get the point!
I noticed the stains the Saturday after picking the truck up the previous Monday (Sept 30th) and was contacted by manager Nov 26th. I'm still waiting for for the
manager to call me with a date to bring the truck in to work on it.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:38 PM

Received 613 Likes on 497 Posts

we had an acid where I work that would do that to rims,

Quick Reply: Screwed by Ford on my chrome wheels