Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rustoleum Lens Tint Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 08:24 PM

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts
Post Rustoleum Lens Tint Review

Well this evening I yanked my tails and 3rd brake light and decided to give Rustoleum Lens Tint a try. I figured what the heck since I plan on purchasing some Recon's in the very near future.

After following the instructions of the can (which were pretty common of most spray paint type products) I was left with the end result.

Looks OK from a distance. I am already displeased with the matte finish that the product gives the lenses. The tinting on the lenses looks pretty uniform from a distance, but if you look closely...

It appears that the "tinting" is performed by applying small dots of color to the lens (vice actually making a transparent color).

In closing, I would not recommend this product to anyone except serious off roaders who will be scratching the hell out of their vehicles regularly.

Anyone got any Recon tails and bedlight for sale?
Old 04-13-2012, 09:17 PM

Received 3,932 Likes on 2,510 Posts

You would probably get better results if you clear coat it. Even Nite Shades looks much better if you clear coat over it after. I usually clear coat over it and wet sand and buff them out.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:05 PM

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah you're probably right. I'm getting recons tomorrow though. Thanks for the info, though!

Quick Reply: Rustoleum Lens Tint Review