Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Armor Bumper pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 07:23 PM

Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts

Default Road Armor Bumper pics

Installed this last weekend. These are the only pics I have so far. Just my cell phone, though I plan on taking some nice pics later.

Install was a bitch, but that's 'cause I did it myself. All my friends were at ComicCon, and that's just not really my thing.

No instructions were sent with my bumper. Wish there was because I ended up not knowing what to trim until after I had it installed. Now I have to take it back off to trim a bracket.

First pic shows the front end naked. You see that bracket under the side marker light? Or where the side marker light would be.
The horizontal component of it needs to be trimmed. It's the width of the inside of the new bumper. Which is fine at a rest, but since the bumper is bolted to the frame, and that bracket is on the body, there is movement between them. Or there should be. On mine it squeaks now.

Overall I am very happy with it. In the week between when I ordered it and when I got it installed, I was having huge regrets due to its cost, but it just looks so damn good now that I have no regrets.

Fitment: As you can see, it fits up prety close to the headlights. So the plastic piece in between the bumper and the headlights is gone too.
The bottom part of it goes down just low enough to protect the bolts that hold on my skidplate, and the bolts that used to hold on the tow hooks. From there it angles up, and passes just barely in front of the bottom corner of the frame.
So close that I am positive the stock tow hooks stick out farther and hang down lower.
So I gained approach angle, which was one of my main concerns.

I went with the full guard on mine, mainly because I think they don't look balanced without the guard. Too much lower end and not enough upper end.

It's funny, you hardly ever see price mentioned on here. I didn't sign an NDA when I bought it, so price was $2124 shipped to my work, from Ranger off-road. Heinously expensive, but less so than trading in my truck. Which up until this truck I had a habit of changing vehicles once a year.

As far as weight, the shipping manifest said 375 pounds, but that doesn't sound right. I can grab the top bar and lift it about an inch off of the ground with my legs, so I am guessing more like 180 pounds.
I did lose about half of an inch from the front suspension though. And I still gotta put my winch back in.

I am considering getting it Line-Xed, but man they want $450 for that here. It'll prevent inevitable rust up here in the salt belt though. What say you guys? I kinda like the smooth powder coated look.

Still need lights, but that may wait until my wallet recovers.

Also, it plays pretty well with my RCI skidplate. I gotta get a picture of that, but where the skidplate used to tuck into the front end, now it kinda hags down. It'd be nicer if it was angled more. I'll get some more pics this weekend to show that
Attached Thumbnails Road Armor Bumper pics-imag0576s.jpg   Road Armor Bumper pics-imag0580s.jpg   Road Armor Bumper pics-imag0583s.jpg   Road Armor Bumper pics-imag0582s.jpg   Road Armor Bumper pics-imag0585s.jpg  

Road Armor Bumper pics-imag0588s.jpg  
Old 05-08-2014, 07:27 PM
Confused Member

Received 497 Likes on 400 Posts

Looks awesome!!!! Good choice!!
Old 05-08-2014, 07:29 PM
F150 Vendor

Received 800 Likes on 589 Posts

Wow saying it looks tough is an understatement.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:43 PM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Sir you need to stop modifying your truck so perfectly ... Your making me spend money lol
Old 05-08-2014, 08:03 PM

Received 187 Likes on 155 Posts

Jeesh you could drive through a mall with that thing, and I don't mean down the aisles.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:23 PM

Received 461 Likes on 310 Posts

Or just park in the parking lot like everyone else.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by shorties2006f150
Sir you need to stop modifying your truck so perfectly ... Your making me spend money lol

Thanks, Lol. I've actually got more mods partially installed that I haven't taken pictures of yet.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Kytann
I did lose about half of an inch from the front suspension though. And I still gotta put my winch back in....
I was thinking about this, and this can't be right.

1/2" height drop. 490 lbs/in springs times 2 would mean the bumper itself weighed 490 lbs.

I'm going to have to measure again when I get on some level ground.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:24 AM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Kytann
I was thinking about this, and this can't be right. 1/2" height drop. 490 lbs/in springs times 2 would mean the bumper itself weighed 490 lbs. I'm going to have to measure again when I get on some level ground.
Join the f150 lifts boss list
Old 05-09-2014, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by shorties2006f150
Join the f150 lifts boss list
No thanks. In my opinion he's asking way too much for a 2.0 shock in steel. If it was aluminum it'd be only slightly expensive.
And he never could tell me more information about what kind of pistons he is using.

Fronts will probably wait until next year anyway, too much money has been spent this year. I may to Icons, or I may custom build an application with FOA coilovers or Bilstein 9100 coilovers.

Quick Reply: Road Armor Bumper pics