Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rigid d2 raplacin my fogs

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 05:55 PM

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Got tired of reading about it so j just did it. I bought a smittybilt bar for my lights. Looked ok but not great. So without really changing the look if the truck unjust wired them onto the existing fog lights.
Removing the air dam helped make some space underneath. But all the other info is the same as the other threads. Time wise it took a little over 90 minutes. Reading other people's threads really helped. I've an hour on the first one. But I like it.
Attached Thumbnails Rigid d2 raplacin my fogs-image-4242327609.jpg  

Last edited by JohnnyC; 05-19-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:36 PM

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Sorry about the spelling.

There were questions about adjusting the lights once they were in. I drilled holes on the sides of the fixture at the location if the adjusting screws so can get a Allen key.
Another thing I like about this is that I was a little worried about theft with the smittybilt bar. A fast 1/2 wrench and wire cutters and my expensive lights are gone. So I like them being hidden in the bumper.

It's not dark yet. Driving me a little stir crazy. I want to light these up.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:43 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyC
Got tired of reading about it so j just did it. I bought a smittybilt bar for my lights. Looked ok but not great. So without really changing the look if the truck unjust wired them onto the existing fog lights.
Removing the air dam helped make some space underneath. But all the other info is the same as the other threads. Time wise it took a little over 90 minutes. Reading other people's threads really helped. I've an hour on the first one. But I like it.
Looks good, I did the same thing for the adjustment.

Quick Reply: Rigid d2 raplacin my fogs