Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THE RETROFIT SOURCE Bad Service!!???

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 12:05 AM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Thumbs down THE RETROFIT SOURCE Bad Service!!???

Hey all...Wondering if anyone else had problems ordering from these guys?? I thought I read a lot of good things about them...So I ordered a HID Conversion Harness for my F-150. So I can Install a pair of OEM HID headlights I got. So I called them before I ordered and the guy I talked to said they are In-Stock and ready to ship! So I go online to order it....Never got a confirm e-mail about my order.(I oredeed this on a Tues 9/15)..Called again on Fri...Guy said to check my Junk Folder for the Confirm E-mail...Looked in there...NOPE nothing! So He checked I guess his Computer...Told me it was shipped the day I ordered it online..and said its being delivered to my house Today Sat. Well I got nothing in the mail today! I got my Headlight's and new Bulbs within 3 Days!! Shipped Via USPS. which I was told my Harness was shipped through them also. It does not take more than 7 days to ship a small Harness!! Either they LIED to me and never shipped it till I called them Yesterday...Or what? I dunno! PI$$ED!! Hate when I get no info on my Order or a tracking number so I know where's its at! I'm in the Dark! Like they took my Money and Ran! First time I ordered with these guys! Hope I can get this resolved somehow! Anyone else got problems with these guys!??
Old 09-20-2015, 12:41 AM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

If you paid by credit card, you can Dispute the charges.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:01 AM

Received 893 Likes on 585 Posts

I ordered from them once. i was going to retro my Accord headlights at the time. I had no issues whatsoever. Everything came with in a few days. Had no issues when I wanted to return everything either. Seems very odd you never received a confirmation or shipping email.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:47 AM

Received 183 Likes on 112 Posts

You need to relax. Not everything is instant. We know you have a boner to install your new lights, as we all would. TRS is a good company and it will show up.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:39 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have dealt with them before on ordering items and warranty issues and never had any issues at all. I have not heard of any people having issues with them before. This is just my dealings with them though.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:45 AM

Received 209 Likes on 166 Posts

As has been said, chill out. You ordered Tuesday and are freaking out because you haven't received it by Saturday? Man, I have had craps that took longer than that!

It is strange that you didn't receive any emails but stuff happens sometimes. Why didn't you ask for the tracking number? They must of had it to look up where it was. It will probably show up tomorrow. If not, call them again.

Honestly they haven't done anything wrong and you are bad mouthing them. Their system may have screwed up and not sent the email but that's it (I would bet it's in your junk mail or you entered your email wrong, I know you said you looked in your junk folder but I have 100's and 100's of junk emails and guess you do too, you could have missed it easily). Give it a chance to sort itself out.

By the way, I have ordered from them with no issues.

Hope it comes tomorrow. Good luck.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:16 AM
Is it Friday Yet?

Received 580 Likes on 440 Posts

Ordered on 9/15 and expecting it on 9/19, this isn't Amazon Prime 2 day shipping!!!

He shipped USPS, if his system shows delivery on 9/19, it probably was scheduled for that day, but the postal carrier got behind on the route and it will now probably be delivered Monday, happens all the time.

Give it till Wednesday, if you don't have it by then, call them and ask for the tracking number.

As for the e-mail, it probably got flagged as spam by you provider and deleted before it even reached your junk mail folder. Most providers have a 90% probability rule, it they assign an e-mail 10% or less probability of being spam, then they put it in your junk folder. Anything greater than 10% gets deleted and never reaches you. why do they do it that way you ask? Well, it is estimated that each e-mail account receives about 10,000 e-mails a day of those 9,990 are usually spam. So in order to keep e-mail useful, they use algorithms to determine the e-mail content and it's probability of being spam. they end us successfully filtering about 99% of all spam. Unfortunately, from time to time a non-spam e-mail gets caught in the filter and is lost.
The following users liked this post:
sigma pi (09-21-2015)
Old 09-20-2015, 02:13 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Talking

Aiiight! All of you have very valid points! Yes I wrote this when I was Angry! Biut I calmed down and I need to give them another chance to see if it comes this week. But Coming from being burnt form a few companies who took my money and never delivered a product. I had to go through Crap to get my money back. Thought I was getting ripped again! So Sorry if I was in a rush to judge. Since U all have had no probs with these guys. Just seems odd I never got any E-Mail at all....and yes I double checked my Spam and Junk Folder. Nothing was in there from TRS.

Yess I am or was Excited to Install my Headlights! So no more Boner! But still this is kind of long for a harness. I live In Hawaii...Maybe they shipped it Via ROWBOAT! Then I see. LOL....Ususally I get things in 4-5 days max. So I panic and think I get ripped off if more than that for a small part. MYBAD! LOL
The following users liked this post:
sigma pi (09-21-2015)
Old 09-20-2015, 03:49 PM

Received 98 Likes on 83 Posts

TRS is excellent...I get all my retrofit parts from them with no issues whatsoever.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:00 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Originally Posted by 808MIKE
Aiiight! All of you have very valid points! Yes I wrote this when I was Angry! Biut I calmed down and I need to give them another chance to see if it comes this week. But Coming from being burnt form a few companies who took my money and never delivered a product. I had to go through Crap to get my money back. Thought I was getting ripped again! So Sorry if I was in a rush to judge. Since U all have had no probs with these guys. Just seems odd I never got any E-Mail at all....and yes I double checked my Spam and Junk Folder. Nothing was in there from TRS. Yess I am or was Excited to Install my Headlights! So no more Boner! But still this is kind of long for a harness. I live In Hawaii...Maybe they shipped it Via ROWBOAT! Then I see. LOL....Ususally I get things in 4-5 days max. So I panic and think I get ripped off if more than that for a small part. MYBAD! LOL
No issues here with them either. Keep in mind they are on the East Coast so unless you paid for higher shipping it may take longer. I'm n Va and when I ship via USPS to Seattle it's 4-5 days so I imagine Hawaii would be a big longer.

Either way I know what it's like to have a cool mod being held up by one little item. You will forget all about it when you get the harness and are driving around with badass HIDs!

Quick Reply: THE RETROFIT SOURCE Bad Service!!???