Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote Start System - Long Range Plug-N-Play

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 10:02 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Remote Start System - Long Range Plug-N-Play

Curious --- has anyone installed the model CL3Z-19G634-A remote start ?

If so --- are you pleased with it's performance and range ?

Last edited by golfer; 06-22-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:10 AM

It seems no one else has installed this remote start -- I guess I'm the first.

Installed one last week and it went in easy as all the other plug and play units. Comes with 2 single button fobs --- tested the range around 1000 ft and works as advertised.

So, if your looking for a single direction long range remote --- this one fits the bill nicely.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:21 AM

Received 202 Likes on 163 Posts

I have a 2010 so a plug'n'play wasn't an option for me. The factory remote start was just as involved (cutting and splicing wires) as an aftermarket and cost just as much or more with less features. I decided to go with a Viper 5704. I have about a 1 mile range with a 2 way remote with a LCD display and rechargeable. I'm very happy with it.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

After having the seperate fob remote start on our mustangs, we're not happy with RS on the key. The range is much shorter, half and maybe as bad as a third of the range.
It wont go through vehicles, walls and glass like the seperate fob will, so if you dont have a line of sight the range is really reduced.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:36 AM

I've installed 5 aftermarket remote starters in my time --- including my previous 2010.The aftermarket ones I used ( Autostart ) were fantastic and had a range of about 3000 ft -- which is plenty for my needs.

When I got my 2012 and learned about the plug and play factory remote starts -- Whoo-Hoo --- no more cut -and-splice.

The downside with the factory unit is limited features compared to the aftermarket units -- but -- it does what it's supposed to do with decent range and piece of cake install. Also , I don't care about having bi-directional and the price difference saved goes towards other goodies for the truck -- or -- in the tank.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by JerryC
After having the seperate fob remote start on our mustangs, we're not happy with RS on the key. The range is much shorter, half and maybe as bad as a third of the range.
It wont go through vehicles, walls and glass like the seperate fob will, so if you dont have a line of sight the range is really reduced.
When researching the new factory remotes I came across many people disappointed with the base unit --- which is why I went with the C3Z-19G364-A .

Considering the base model has the antenna mounted behind the glove box ( being so low in the vehicle ) would probably explain the poor range. I would think if the antenna was mounted higher ( on the window behind the mirror ) then the base unit would probably be fine.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:37 AM
2011 Lariat Limited

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by golfer
When researching the new factory remotes I came across many people disappointed with the base unit --- which is why I went with the C3Z-19G364-A .

Considering the base model has the antenna mounted behind the glove box ( being so low in the vehicle ) would probably explain the poor range. I would think if the antenna was mounted higher ( on the window behind the mirror ) then the base unit would probably be fine.
You're right. The base units range is horrible. Do you think the base antenna can be lengthened?? Would love better range without changing to the seperate fob unit.

Quick Reply: Remote Start System - Long Range Plug-N-Play