Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 10:04 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Remote Start

Anybody had remote Start added to their F150 After they brought it home from the dealer.
What is the cost to have it added at the dealer ?
Or did you do aftermarket.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep I did... Ordered off ebay the oem 100 series I believe for about 200 if I remember correctly... Installed my self... Real easy... Only thing was I had to take to dealer to activate and it will cost whatever they charge for hour labor
Old 03-20-2015, 10:12 PM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Search the site, discussed many times.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:17 PM

Received 325 Likes on 223 Posts

Either way you are looking at several hundred dollars. Contact Benny at http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/index.php

He is awesome to work with and will be able to tell you exactly what is needed for a stock set up based on the functionality that you are looking for. There are also threads on here that go through all of this in detail. Ford's components are plug and play and very, very easy to install.

As for the aftermarket, there are options aplenty. It will really depend on the functionality you are looking for. Most, if not all, will require a fairly detailed install including splicing into wiring...
Old 03-20-2015, 10:20 PM

Thanks !
I'm not looking at doing it myself.
Wondered which was the best option

And I tried to find the post where I asked about an alarm. Couldn't find it
The Wife took the truck to fill it up, used the key to open the door. All heck broke loose.
Horn blowing and everything.
Nowhere on the paperwork does it say it has an alarm.
And no where on the truck does it show a blinking light for an alarm.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:27 PM

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by cardboard
Thanks ! I'm not looking at doing it myself. Wondered which was the best option And I tried to find the post where I asked about an alarm. Couldn't find it The Wife took the truck to fill it up, used the key to open the door. All heck broke loose. Horn blowing and everything. Nowhere on the paperwork does it say it has an alarm. And no where on the truck does it show a blinking light for an alarm.
Yeah I think all of the f150's have at the least a perimeter alarm. That's why when she opened the door using key in lock it went off. On the cluster display it usually beeps and has a message saying put key in the ignition to stop alarm. Or you can just hit the unlock button on your key to stop it from going off. It is a basic alarm. No shock sensor. Only if doors are opened. And if you get the OEM remote start the nice thing is it does not defeat any of the security features of the programmed keys and it's all contained in the OEM key head. The install takes maybe on the long end about 6 minutes. It's super easy! Either way good luck with whatever you choose.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:28 PM
Is it Friday Yet?

Received 580 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by cardboard
Thanks !
I'm not looking at doing it myself.
Wondered which was the best option

And I tried to find the post where I asked about an alarm. Couldn't find it
The Wife took the truck to fill it up, used the key to open the door. All heck broke loose.
Horn blowing and everything.
Nowhere on the paperwork does it say it has an alarm.
And no where on the truck does it show a blinking light for an alarm.
That's the "Perimeter alarm" No shock sensors or anything, just intrusion detection. Once you lock the truck with the door lock button or keyfob, it is armed. Open a door after that without unlocking it with the keyfob, alarm will sound. you can disarm it with the keyfob, or by starting the truck with the key.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:13 AM

Cool at least I have something till I can get the money up to get something better.

Most of the alarms I wanted, they will not allow me to use the Keypad to use in conjunction with the alarm.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:28 AM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I had remote start installed by car toys in my 2010. Pretty basic system. It functions with all OEM systems regarding alarm. I can use the factory fob (press lock twice) to start. Also works with the fob it came with but i do not carry it around. I spent less than $300 installed. But that was about 4 years ago.
You can PM me if you would like me to scare up the make and model of the remote start.
The following users liked this post:
cardboard (03-21-2015)
Old 03-21-2015, 10:51 AM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

I went with viper remote start on mine!

I wanted the range and with the OEM system the range is crap especially on the 100!

It really depends on if you want plug and play or if you done mind a professional installer to splice wires. I knew I was keeping my truck for a long time so I opted for the nicer Viper which was $500 installed. I probably paid a bit more but I researched and went with a custom audio shop to do the install and it's very OEM looking and can barely tell its aftermarket. All connections are soldered and not tapped.

I did not have mine work with stock alarm as it's just a horn and a starter interrupter. I have that with the viper. Also there are options galore if you want to pay for them with the viper, arm it and the windows all close, etc.

Quick Reply: Remote Start