Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reflective "Incognito" Pinstripping

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Weekend Warrior!

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Reflective "Incognito" Pinstripping

Just wanted to share with y'all a little "subdued" safety feature I added. Two of the pictures are without a flash, the other two are with a flash. It's a 1/4" 3M Black Scotchlite reflective pinstripe. Since the truck is already Tuxedo Black (the black with tiny multicolor metal flakes), the pinstripe almost disappears on the truck during the day. At night, it's just a little added safety...

(Yes, the truck needs a bath...)
Attached Images     
Old 03-07-2012, 02:05 PM
Don't spreadsheet this..

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

I absolutely love this idea. Now I want to see pics of white F150s with this sort of striping. Perfect for safety. Especially somewhere on the tailgate.

Thanks for the awesome post!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:20 PM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Great idea.

Some people like pinstriping, some don't. I happen to like them, which is fortunate since my truck came with them already on!

Yours just adds another safety measure-which is always a good thing. Visibility is good!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Ford Parts Manager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

our police dept is using this material for their patrol cars you cant tell its a LEO till light hits it. Cool never though about using it for pin striping
Old 03-07-2012, 02:34 PM

Received 202 Likes on 163 Posts

I use that stuff on my motorcycle. It really makes a difference at night. Never thought to use it on a truck. I installed a lightbar to be more visible from the back.

If you can redo it, how about following the window lines? I've seen a few pinstriping done that way and it looked great. Black on black looks great.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:01 PM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbyC
I use that stuff on my motorcycle. It really makes a difference at night. Never thought to use it on a truck. I installed a lightbar to be more visible from the back.

If you can redo it, how about following the window lines? I've seen a few pinstriping done that way and it looked great. Black on black looks great.
+1000 on your motorcycle. My HD is lit up light Times Square.

I sort of concur with your comment about following the window lines. My Lariat's striping does, and seems to blend in more with the truck's contour.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:32 PM

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I have some left over from doing my motorcycle and was thinking of doing the strip under the tailgate where some people put light strips. No need to wire it up, and it does reflect a LOT of light.

I like the pin stripes!

Quick Reply: Reflective "Incognito" Pinstripping