Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear block bds lift

Old 01-17-2015, 07:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Rear block bds lift

What rear block are you guys or gals running on you truck and why? I have a 2013 Fx4 screw and im about buy the 6" inch bds lift. Only problem is deciding on the rear block. Everybody seems to be going with the 5". Spoke with BDS the other day and they stated if i wanted a more level look to go with the 4". If you have pictures of what your truck looks like with said kit and the block size, id appreciate it if you post them. Thanks.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:46 PM
2nd Amendment Supporter!

Received 407 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by dgafdave
What rear block are you guys or gals running on you truck and why? I have a 2013 Fx4 screw and im about buy the 6" inch bds lift. Only problem is deciding on the rear block. Everybody seems to be going with the 5". Spoke with BDS the other day and they stated if i wanted a more level look to go with the 4". If you have pictures of what your truck looks like with said kit and the block size, id appreciate it if you post them. Thanks.
It definitely puts the rear slightly higher (versus level). But I liked the idea of that at the time because if I haul or tow, I wanted it to "offset" that.
But now I have Firestone Air Bags and I'm debating to remove the 5" and put the 4" on it in spring time, and just add air "as needed". With the Minimum required amount of air the air bags have to have takes it up just a little higher yet. Hopefully this info helps & here's some pics too:
Attached Thumbnails Rear block bds lift-dscn4452.jpg  
Old 01-17-2015, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by lethalweapon_09
It definitely puts the rear slightly higher (versus level). But I liked the idea of that at the time because if I haul or tow, I wanted it to "offset" that.
But now I have Firestone Air Bags and I'm debating to remove the 5" and put the 4" on it in spring time, and just add air "as needed". With the Minimum required amount of air the air bags have to have takes it up just a little higher yet. Hopefully this info helps & here's some pics too:

Good looking truck! I should have mentioned that i do not tow or haul anything. The only thing i would have in my bed is a spare tire as the size im going with will not fit. I picked up some fuel hostages that are 20x10 with a -12 offset. The tire is the toyo OC AT 35x12.5x20. So i think im safe to say that if i go with 4" block i will be fine. Truck be leveled as apposed to having any sort of rake.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:52 PM
2nd Amendment Supporter!

Good looking truck! I should have mentioned that i do not tow or haul anything. The only thing i would have in my bed is a spare tire as the size im going with will not fit. I picked up some fuel hostages that are 20x10 with a -12 offset. The tire is the toyo OC AT 35x12.5x20. So i think im safe to say that if i go with 4" block i will be fine. Truck be leveled as apposed to having any sort of rake.
Thank you, my friend!
I really like the fuel rims & the Hostages were my second choice.
Those are the throttles, & just a few weeks ago, I got Black "winter wheels" for my winter combo & went with the same ones, but the Black Throttles! LOL!
But if you take a look at the side shot you can see how much higher the back now sits. (I can take it down about an inch with less air in my air bags, but I get the best ride & results with the 12 lbs I keep in it at all times now.
So you can see how much of a rake I have now in the side shot pic & can vouch for going down to a 4" (& removing the 5") when the weather breaks.
BTW: The only thing you'll regret on the lift:.... was NOT doing it sooner!
I absolutely love it. (I'm 48 still love doing cool mods!)
Attached Thumbnails Rear block bds lift-photo-1.jpg   Rear block bds lift-photo-6.jpg  
Old 01-17-2015, 09:18 PM

Thank you, my friend!
I really like the fuel rims & the Hostages were my second choice.
Those are the throttles, & just a few weeks ago, I got Black "winter wheels" for my winter combo & went with the same ones, but the Black Throttles! LOL!
But if you take a look at the side shot you can see how much higher the back now sits. (I can take it down about an inch with less air in my air bags, but I get the best ride & results with the 12 lbs I keep in it at all times now.
So you can see how much of a rake I have now in the side shot pic & can vouch for going down to a 4" (& removing the 5") when the weather breaks.
BTW: The only thing you'll regret on the lift:.... was NOT doing it sooner!
I absolutely love it. (I'm 48 still love doing cool mods!)
Oh yea, i can see it. Im kinda bummed out about my wheels though. Ive been reading other forums about the "bolts" along the edge. Come to find out theyre plastic. So i went and checked again and sure enough. Everybody who has them is saying they fall off. But they always get free replacements. Either im going to a washer and a nut i can put on myself or send an email saying ive already lost few. Hopefully theyll send me some to have as a back up.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:24 PM
2nd Amendment Supporter!

Oh yea, i can see it. Im kinda bummed out about my wheels though. Ive been reading other forums about the "bolts" along the edge. Come to find out theyre plastic. So i went and checked again and sure enough. Everybody who has them is saying they fall off. But they always get free replacements. Either im going to a washer and a nut i can put on myself or send an email saying ive already lost few. Hopefully theyll send me some to have as a back up.
I never knew or heard about the bolts on the Hostages. I'm sure they'll take care of them in any event.
I think in your case & the original question you had....the 4" rear block is probably you're best choice and would be quite happy with the results of them.
Good luck & make sure to post some pics up when it's done!
Old 01-17-2015, 09:32 PM

I never knew or heard about the bolts on the Hostages. I'm sure they'll take care of them in any event.
I think in your case & the original question you had....the 4" rear block is probably you're best choice and would be quite happy with the results of them.
Good luck & make sure to post some pics up when it's done!

I think so to. Thanks for your input! You know ill post some pictures. The only ones i have up are of my old 2011 ecoboost. Sold that to get my FX4 5.0. Sounds way better with the borla atak.
The following users liked this post:
Lethal Weapon (01-17-2015)
Old 01-18-2015, 06:25 AM

Received 66 Likes on 43 Posts

5 inch rear block

Last edited by Gonkey; 01-18-2015 at 06:28 AM.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Gonkey

5 inch rear block
Good looking truck man. Im going with the 4" block for sure. I dont tow anything let alone haul large amounts of cargo.
The following users liked this post:
Gonkey (01-18-2015)
Old 02-01-2015, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Gonkey

5 inch rear block

Rear block bds lift-forumrunner_20150201_204932.jpg

Went with the 5inch block
Attached Thumbnails Rear block bds lift-forumrunner_20150201_205219.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear block bds lift