Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rancho Quicklift...Is this right?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancho Quicklift...Is this right?

Just had my Rancho Quicklift installed a few days ago. The guy I had do the work is a very trusted mechanic in the area and I have been dealing with him for years. I had BFG AT KOs installed at the same time. I have had these tires several times before and these seem to be super loud between 45-55MPH but the noise seems to come and go. At the time we both just contributed the noise to be more intense due to it being such a quiet truck. Today, I completely checked over the suspension to make sure I had no binding/rubbing and found that one of the shocks is installed in a different orientation than the other (one of the ride adjusters is facing out and one is facing in). Could this possible be an issue? Seems like the shocks would work the same either way? I will talk to the mechanic next week but he is on vacation until the end of the week.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:57 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I had to turn one of mine so they would be on the same side. Have you had it aligned? That would tell you if anything was off.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:11 PM

Yeah he aligned it after the installed. He said he didn't have any issues. The issue just worries me because it is not constant like a tire roar but sounds like it...seems to subside after I turn for a few minutes then shows back up after stopping and starting again. Just wondering if the springs should have settled more before getting an alignment?
Old 03-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Avid Trucker

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by clcartwr
Just had my Rancho Quicklift installed a few days ago. The guy I had do the work is a very trusted mechanic in the area and I have been dealing with him for years. Today, I completely checked over the suspension to make sure I had no binding/rubbing and found that one of the shocks is installed in a different orientation than the other (one of the ride adjusters is facing out and one is facing in). Could this possible be an issue?
No, this does not affect the performance.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Haccpguy
No, this does not affect the performance.
I was pretty sure it wouldn't but thought I would check. I will probably swap it around at some point because it sure is hard to get in there to adjust the ride settings like it is....I can't even tell if both shocks are set the same or not..
Old 03-10-2013, 07:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What are your thoughts on those shocks. I'm on the fence between those and the Bilsteins but leaning towards Ranchos for their adjustability and myride control.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:29 PM

I haven't had much road time with them but they seems to be great. A little bit firmer than stock but doesn't affect ride quality at all....
Old 03-10-2013, 07:33 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The ride is less harsh. I chose them over the Bils due to the fact they are adjustable. And easy to swap as they are a complete unit and don't require messing with a spring compressor. Alittle easier for a shade tree mechanic.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Meek One

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Double check your part #s and make sure you got the correct left and right assemblies and make sure they are on the right side. They both should come preassembled with the adjustment **** to the outside. I'm having a set installed next week. I had a set on my last truck and loved them. No problems whatsoever. Good luck!
Old 03-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Avid Trucker

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Seems to be a common problem with quality control at Rancho. Boxes have different part numbers but the same shock.

Quick Reply: Rancho Quicklift...Is this right?