Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Connect Error 2012 Navteq map update? Problems after update help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 09:04 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Radio Connect Error 2012 Navteq map update? Problems after update help!!

First of all I have a 2011 F150 5.0 Lariat 4x4 with the Sony Nav with lockpick installed. I just purchased for $199 the map update for the 2012 maps from Navteq. I updated and everything was fine. About 2-3 days later my radio and controls are unresponsive saying radio connect error see dealer. I couldnt get to act right so I pulled the negative side of battery for 20 minutes and reconnected and the error went away and its back to normal all working ok. Well today the error came back and had to do the same process and again it went away and radio works fine. Never had any issues with the lockpick installed in my truck which has been installed for about5 months and is GREAT!! This issue with the radio only happened after the map update was installed and it didnt show itself till about 2 days later.

Anyone out there do the update and noticing any issues after a few days? Worried about taking to dealer with lockpick installed and they say they wont cover it under warranty I have about 24K on the truck. My next step is calling Navteq which they are closed now....

Last edited by Mcdonaho; 09-17-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:22 PM

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Hope you get some clarification with this, I just purchased a lockpick and I am about to have it installed. I have a 12 so I won't have to worry about map updates to soon, but when the time comes it will be nice to know what to expect. Good luck!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcdonaho
First of all I have a 2011 F150 5.0 Lariat 4x4 with the Sony Nav with lockpick installed. I just purchased for $199 the map update for the 2012 maps from Navteq. I updated and everything was fine. About 2-3 days later my radio and controls are unresponsive saying radio connect error see dealer. I couldnt get to act right so I pulled the negative side of battery for 20 minutes and reconnected and the error went away and its back to normal all working ok. Well today the error came back and had to do the same process and again it went away and radio works fine. Never had any issues with the lockpick installed in my truck which has been installed for about5 months and is GREAT!! This issue with the radio only happened after the map update was installed and it didnt show itself till about 2 days later.

Anyone out there do the update and noticing any issues after a few days? Worried about taking to dealer with lockpick installed and they say they wont cover it under warranty I have about 24K on the truck. My next step is calling Navteq which they are closed now....
I have lockpick as well and just started to get this error today. I installed lockpick about a 2 months ago and recently added front camera. I've always kept the camera off but today I went through lockpick's menu to turn on auto front camera and a few minutes latter I started getting to radio error.

An hour or so latter I parked the car for about 30 minutes came back and the nav screen is dead, no sound, rear camera doesn't engage, nothing shows up if the screen and can't seem to control audio features either.

It seems like what we have in common is lockpick on a 2011 with Sony and nav. Going to call lockipick in the morning and also going to check all my connections to make sure nothing's loose.

Did you resolve anything?

Moe
Old 09-20-2012, 09:50 PM

I haven't resolved anything yet. Did you do the map update? I have been busy this week trying to buy time till I can mess with it this weekend or Monday. It locked up and said radio error again on Tuesday night I reset it by pulling negative off battery for 20 minutes and the error hasn't came back yet. I expect it to any moment. I will post on here if I get some resolution. What we do have in common is my lockpick being installed for only a couple months but I never added front camera. Keep us posted on here what kind of resolution you get.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mcdonaho
I haven't resolved anything yet. Did you do the map update? I have been busy this week trying to buy time till I can mess with it this weekend or Monday. It locked up and said radio error again on Tuesday night I reset it by pulling negative off battery for 20 minutes and the error hasn't came back yet. I expect it to any moment. I will post on here if I get some resolution. What we do have in common is my lockpick being installed for only a couple months but I never added front camera. Keep us posted on here what kind of resolution you get.
No I did not install the map update.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:22 PM

Ok so that might point it to straight lockpick issue. Just strange it did it next day after map update...
Old 09-20-2012, 11:22 PM

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Is there some kind of setting you need to change on the lock pick after you add a camera? Dip switches or settings in the start up screen? Starting to make me nervous, I am having mine installed on Saturday.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by 051F
Is there some kind of setting you need to change on the lock pick after you add a camera? Dip switches or settings in the start up screen? Starting to make me nervous, I am having mine installed on Saturday.
Yes and all the dip switches are in the correct location. I'm taking it into the shop this morning to troubleshoot
Old 09-21-2012, 08:22 AM

Ok so i unplugged and replugged the lockpick and everything came right back on. I will be calling lockpick at 10am eastern to discuss this with them.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:37 AM

sounds good wonder if it just reset it for a few days.... Getting to my lockpick is a pain removing the console and everything. Guess if I do it I am going to move the lock pick where I can unplug and plug back in from the side.

Quick Reply: Radio Connect Error 2012 Navteq map update? Problems after update help!!